2008 35' Lightning door? >

2008 35' Lightning door?

Notices

2008 35' Lightning door?

Old 03-19-2017, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 35' Lightning door?

Just purchased 2008 35' Lightning. Very nice boat. New to me is the new style interior. Absolutely love it. However, I have no knowledge of the cabin door. It was very hard to open and close. So of course I took it apart. Pulled the door and found a, looks like air driven cylinder that had been unhooked by previous owner. Also the plastic guides were worn and oblong. Rails seem to be scared. Has anyone had these problems and if so how did you fix them?
Thanks in advance for any assistance. I will be calling Fountain tomorrow. But usually guys on here have more knowledge.
Old 03-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Registered

Rick how much room in the cabin compared to the 02 i bought?
Old 03-26-2017, 05:13 PM
Registered

Hey Marcus;
Less for sure. The bed area is about a third less area. All that plushness takes up a lot of space. Plus the cabin is a good 12" shorter. The storage areas under mattress are smaller also. You loose the small closet as you enter the cabin and the storage cabinet under the sink. Also the storage under sink in bathroom is gone. All in all it looks really cool. But all that updating comes with a loss of space and storage.
Old 03-26-2017, 06:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

RCamp, I just stumbled on this same door scenario in our 07 38 Lightning. The cylinder was disconnected from the door by the previous owner also. It has an air line running to it but is this set-up more of a damper than an air powered cylinder? Curious to hear what Fountain has to say.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Seems like a damper to me. There is a valve with two air lines under the dash that has something going on - but mine works fine for now, so I'm not focking with it. LOL

Originally Posted by VoodooRob
RCamp, I just stumbled on this same door scenario in our 07 38 Lightning. The cylinder was disconnected from the door by the previous owner also. It has an air line running to it but is this set-up more of a damper than an air powered cylinder? Curious to hear what Fountain has to say.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:48 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

The cylinder is an air damper to keep the door from slamming open / shut. Once you get the worn parts replaced and get it working correctly you'll find if you grab the vertical part of the doors handle and lift slightly while opening and closing it will actually slide quite smoothly.
Old 04-27-2017, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcamp
Just purchased 2008 35' Lightning. Very nice boat. New to me is the new style interior. Absolutely love it. However, I have no knowledge of the cabin door. It was very hard to open and close. So of course I took it apart. Pulled the door and found a, looks like air driven cylinder that had been unhooked by previous owner. Also the plastic guides were worn and oblong. Rails seem to be scared. Has anyone had these problems and if so how did you fix them?
Thanks in advance for any assistance. I will be calling Fountain tomorrow. But usually guys on here have more knowledge.
Hi Rcamp,

I just purchased an 08' 35 lightning myself. What engines you have?
Old 04-27-2017, 07:53 PM
Registered

496HO Haven't had a chance to run her yet. Previous owner said she ran 86 light 83-84 loaded. We shall see.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:51 AM
Registered

How in the world did you get the door out ??? Take the helm apart? Let us know what Fountain has to say - particularly about parts availability.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:57 AM
Registered

Marcus - did you buy Latest Flame??

Originally Posted by marcusnapier
Rick how much room in the cabin compared to the 02 i bought?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.