What’s a fair price for a 1989 35 Executioner >

What’s a fair price for a 1989 35 Executioner

Notices

What’s a fair price for a 1989 35 Executioner

Old 10-30-2022, 11:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What’s a fair price for a 1989 35 Executioner

How much would you guys think a fair price for mint 1989 exicutioner 35 with tandem trailer. Hp500s just rebuilt all new gaffrig gauges and interior boat is super clean looks mint also has rebuilt velvet transmissions and Konrad drives also look brand new with sea strainers flush kit full hydro steering and hydraulic bolster seats. Guy was asking 55 for it. Not sure if the interior is new from fountain at some point but is immaculate no rips tears and not crispy still nice and supple and co
es with cockpit cover
Old 10-31-2022, 01:47 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

I do not believe Fountain made a 35 Executioner in 1989. They made the 33 Lightning also known as the 10 Meter. If this boat is as nice as your describing it could be worth somewhere close that.

Last edited by jadento; 11-01-2022 at 06:47 AM.
Old 11-01-2022, 06:25 AM
Registered

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 96 35' Lightning (single step) with blower motors, in excellent condition for sale. 65K PM or txt 5082373326 me if interested.
Old 11-01-2022, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 1,331 Likes on 743 Posts

That would be correct but it is pretty much the same boat till they added a small step in 95. They built that till they went out in 2009-2010. The later bravo boats have a ton of room in the engine bay because of originally being designed when transmissions were used.

Good boats and I think the early ones were maybe built a little better.

Originally Posted by jadento
I do not believe Fountain made a 35 Executioner in 1989. They made the 33 Lightning also known as the 10 Meter. If this boat is as nice as your describing it could be worth somewhere close that.
Old 11-01-2022, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1989 35 exicutioner

I was told it’s an 89 but could not find any info on an 89 except for the 33 as stated but I did see a guy that had same boat and also stated it was an 89. It was Originally a trs drive with velvet 72c and it was my understanding they went to bravo in 90 am
i wrong on this cause it was very confusing or is it a 35 lightning exicutioner. Title says 89. But it is the molded swim platform with acrylic 3 piece caning doors like all lightnings not the 33 with no swim platform and different cabin door. Was there a half year or somthing. Also if it needs a little tlc or has any rot in transom or stinger or upholstery work what’s a fair price. Drives were rebuilt
with paperwork and motors as well and trans. Seats all look good except one might need tlc didn’t get to check transom
or stringers. Also where can I get new upholstery does fountain still
offer it or would I have to have it all
custom and does anyone have an average price on having the upholstery done or buying from fountain. Thanks
Old 11-01-2022, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 1,331 Likes on 743 Posts

Originally Posted by Danreutzel
I was told it’s an 89 but could not find any info on an 89 except for the 33 as stated but I did see a guy that had same boat and also stated it was an 89. It was Originally a trs drive with velvet 72c and it was my understanding they went to bravo in 90 am
i wrong on this cause it was very confusing or is it a 35 lightning exicutioner. Title says 89. But it is the molded swim platform with acrylic 3 piece caning doors like all lightnings not the 33 with no swim platform and different cabin door. Was there a half year or somthing. Also if it needs a little tlc or has any rot in transom or stinger or upholstery work what’s a fair price. Drives were rebuilt
with paperwork and motors as well and trans. Seats all look good except one might need tlc didn’t get to check transom
or stringers. Also where can I get new upholstery does fountain still
offer it or would I have to have it all
custom and does anyone have an average price on having the upholstery done or buying from fountain. Thanks
I would not get hung up on the name pretty much once the molded swim came along its the same boat, and it was called a 33 till COG changed the rules.

Interior you will have to have a shop redo, for a quality shop to do it, new foam, and rot replace figure 10-15K. If you take it out maybe a little less.

As for how much its worth, that is a tough one, I'll let other chime in. The biggest issue is its old, but then again all most all I/O performance boats are now.

Old 11-01-2022, 01:18 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 173 Posts

$45-65K depending on condition of the rest of the boat (electrical, fuel tanks, stringers/transom, etc). There is $50K in parts easy just adding up drives, motors, and trailer.
Old 11-01-2022, 01:30 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

If it has a molded platform and the 3 piece cabin door I would be hard pressed to believe its a 1989. I would be checking the Hull number with the title. If the hull number is not imprinted into the back corner of the Hull I would be very concerned that the title is not for that boat.

Any talk of rot anywhere especially the transom and stringers will significantly lower the value of the boat...not only that but the number of people that would even consider buying it will plummet.

At the end of the day any boat is only worth what a person that wants it is willing to pay. There are so many factors like how many other boats that you like are available, is there something special about a particular boat.
Old 11-06-2022, 05:39 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I had an 89 10 meter with no platform a guy in the same city has an 89 that he bought new with a swim platform not sure if they did this in later 89 or when but I know that it was done
The following users liked this post:
Dr. Dan (01-13-2024)
Old 12-23-2023, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Older thread but maybe this will help. In 1989 it was called a 33 Swim, basically 35 foot straight bottom, or a 33 with molded swim step. Mine is an 89 and came with Bravos. Has 3 piece cabin doors. For some reason on title mine says 35 Lightning.
These boats aren't the fastest, but ride on rails and are safe comfortable in rougher water.