47 Fountain Lightning Project >

47 Fountain Lightning Project

Notices

47 Fountain Lightning Project

Old 01-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ray,
Looks like you’re going to have fun this winter. I don't know what Fountain uses to coat its bilges but it sucks!!! Simply Green actually removes it. Your rag will become white. For the money these things cost you think the Factory could do a better job. Seadated redid his bilge and posted pictures about a year ago. It looked great.

I hope Mitcher will post some pictures of the project as it progresses. Maybe you can get him to stripe the bilge too!! What did you decide to go with for power?

Dan
Old 01-03-2003, 10:42 AM
Registered

Candyman

Once again thanks for the kind words. Just in case someone is interested, the bilge still looks like the day I did it. That is a great product and I highly recommend it.

I second the pics...please keep us in the loop.

Gig
Old 01-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thumbs up Charging systems international

I was testing the charger in the boat and noticed the middle bank of charger lights were alyaws on. I did some testing and found the charger was bad on the middle bank. I called the manufacturer: Charging systems international @ http://www.dualpro.com/ and they sent out a brand new one in advance and with a call tag to pick up the old one. (no charge!!) Now that's what I call service! 3 days later it's fixed.

Lucky for me I found the problem now as I would have to pull the front engine to change it out later. The charger is mounted by 6 bolts that are lock washer and nylock nutted behind the trim pump mounting plate. I had to un bolt the large white mounting plate with 8 bolts then remove the charger from behind. As it was it turned a 10 minute job into aover an hour. It could not be done with the engine and water tank installed. I hope yours dont go bad!
Attached Thumbnails 47 Fountain Lightning Project-charger.jpg  

Last edited by Raypanic; 01-07-2003 at 06:44 PM.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:00 PM
Registered

My battery charger lost one of the outputs also. Don't know if the batt took out the charger or vice-versa but the battery was so hot I thought it was going to blow up! You are right, you can't get the charger out of the boat with out a major hassle. Very stupid on Fountain's part. I bought a new charger and put it under the back seat.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It would no be so bad if they uesd screws or jack nuts to install it to the panel, Then you could remove it fairly easily. I guess if I'm smart I will go back and install the jack nuts.

I did order another single bank charger for the 4th battery for the generator. I dont see where it has a charger. Makes sense to me because if your batteries go dead you could use the generator to re-charge but what then if the generator battery is dead from the generator not being used? I figured this way they all stay charged up.
Old 01-11-2003, 08:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Default Paint design

Mitcher T has worked up this design, I like it and I think I may name the boat after it, "Tidal Wave" It will be a few more weeks befor he can start but I'll wait.
Attached Thumbnails 47 Fountain Lightning Project-tidalw%7E640.jpg  
Old 01-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Registered

WOW Super graphics!!!
Old 01-15-2003, 09:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks the graphics are killer, I cannot wait to see it on the boat.

QUESTION: Does anyone know the draft of the 47 with tripples? It's not published in the litterature or website.
Old 01-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Registered

Pretty close to 4', maybe a little more. My 42 with trips was exactly 4' to the bottom of the center skeg. I can't remember what the 47 measured exactly. I'll try to post a picture of the boat in the water and then you should be able to figure it pretty close if you want.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:06 PM
Registered

Looks about 6" from rub rail.
Attached Thumbnails 47 Fountain Lightning Project-sitting-still.jpg  

Quick Reply: 47 Fountain Lightning Project

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.