Reggies Miami Welcome..

Notices

Reggies Miami Welcome..

Old 02-20-2003, 12:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reggies Miami Welcome..

Man behind Fountian..
Just got back from the Miami boat show and just wanted to take a second to thank the Fountian Sales Staff and above all Mr Fountian. I have been to many boat shows all over the country.Never before, Have I had the man that owns the company come and introduce himself, shake hands with both my son and I, then thank us for taking the time to come and see his boats. Imagine him thanking us, it was our pleasure!!
As of now,I dont own a Fountain, but I can now see one of the reasons his company is one of the top Boating Companys.
I look forward to going to his plant and seeing how his boats are built. Maybe this time I may remember to ask him for his Autograph!! Thanks Reggie

eliminator219:
Old 02-20-2003, 08:09 AM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have met Reggie probably 10 times, he always had time to talk, especially about boats. Everytime whether it was Miami, Annapolis, or at a party the man was a wealth of information on his product and will suprise many, he knows more than just boats. Yea he takes some flak about his gold chains, ect. What people fail to realize is he is doing just what he wants to do with that image. Keeps the name of his product out in conversation, good or bad..it all advertising. Have taken the tour of his factory, it is worth the time, everything except motors and drives, made in house. It used to be, to take the tour you had to arrange it through a fountain dealer, not sure if its still that way.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:47 PM
Curt

Hey Eliminator, if you call the plant they will send you a personally autographed race poster or two. I have 2 framed on my wall!

Old 02-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Registered

I was in Washington NC on business and stopped by the plant to see if I could talk to someone about props and setupof my boat. Without prior notice, Marty Boesinger met me and answered all my questions. Then he asked if I wanted to go on a shke down run on the new 48. Reggie came out for the run and was very freindly and thanked me for owning a Fountain. He then took me for a great ride down the river in an awesome boat. Can't say enough about the hospitality shown by the President of a large boat company.
Also had similar meeting with Steve Stepp at Velocity who was also very friendly and hospitable.
Old 02-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Registered

One Sunday in march 97, my wife and I rode down to the Fountain factory (2 hr. drive) to the annual factory sale. We were looking at a 24cs when Reggie and Reggie Jr. walked up and asked if they could help us. Hell, I didn't know Reggie, never seen a pitcure of him. I asked him what was the price of this boat with a 502 in it. He didn't know but asked Reggie Jr. (who had the price list.) About that time the intercom paged Reggie inside for an important phone call. He said excuse me that Gary Baltz (Director of Sales & Marketing) would help me. Well I ordered a 24cs that day and it would be ready in six weeks. Reggie and Gary invited me down anytime during the next six weeks and watch my boat being built. I picked it up in six weeks. GREAT ORGANIZATION
Old 02-24-2003, 06:54 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

I've met Reggie at several races over the years, and he always recognizes me and finds a few minutes to at least say hello. When I told him that I had finally bought a 29 Fever, he thanked me and promised that I would get help sorting out my speed issue. I haven't taken it up with anyone at Fountain yet, but I have no doubt I'll get whatever help I need when I do. I got a tour of the plant from one of the sales guys when I was at the race they hosted in 2000 - very impressive!