Whipple Chargers >

Whipple Chargers

Notices

Whipple Chargers

Old 07-01-2003, 10:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Whipple Chargers

Does anybody have any experience with adding whipples to stock 502 mags? I have a 1992 35 lightning that is stock 100% original. I'd like to pick up a few miles per hours. Whipples seem like the easiest thing to add. What gains has anybody seen? What problems have you had, if any? Thanks in advanced.
Old 07-01-2003, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kinda speed are u getting now?? what props u spinnin?
i have same boat was going to do blowers but decided to keep naturally aspirated added ported merlin heads / big cams / dart intakes / basically added 100 hp per motor i am told,, went from 25 hydros to labbed 30 bravos,, spinin to 5100. still dialing in,,
i was afraid to go with the blowers with bravo's and the motors had 100 hrs on the lower end and didnt want to go thru and do blower pistons etc etc,,
my 2cnts
jonas
Old 07-02-2003, 05:50 AM
Registered

75+ on gps w/25 mirages. I also have a pair of 24 hydros. 73 with them. I've looked into every possible scenario. I would like to stick with bravos as well and I also have silent choice which I would like to keep. So big power naturally aspirated is out. Blowers would be a squeeze under the hatches. So that why i'm interested in the whipples. From what I've heard they are lower profile. Looking for about 650 horses.
Old 07-02-2003, 12:09 PM
29Fever

I'm by no means a gear head, but isn't a Whipple charger a "roots" type supercharger similar to a blower?

Last edited by 29Fever; 07-02-2003 at 08:59 PM.

Old 07-02-2003, 05:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A Whipple Charger is a screw type compressor, not a roots.

Ron
Old 07-02-2003, 07:06 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

go to whipple chargers web site alot of good recomendations.. and test on a similar boat.... and if you wanna get rid of those 24'' hydromotives let me know... I'M LOOKING FOR A SET... THANKS... DAVE
Old 07-08-2003, 03:23 PM
Registered

The Whipple unit is fantastic. I put one on a 99 502 MPI on my 27' Fountain and have seen 85 mph on the gps. The factory test sheet shows 69+ and thats about what I was getting on a good day on the stock pitot Gaffrig speedo. The accel, midrange, top end, all are MORE than I expected. Dustin Whipple has helped me numerous times with any and all questions. I am looking for a used 35' Fountain with HP500EFI's and will, without a doubt, go with the Whipples. There's a 27' Formula Fas-tech in our club with the 502MPI/Whipple with 300 trouble free hours (he upgraded the outdrive to an IMCO Extreme SC unit) - My Fountain is faster though!!! I cannot say enough about the Whipple, it's just been great-almost like a new boat.

Sincerely,

Mark S.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:25 PM
Registered

Scarab3DMC-

I've got a 24 Hydro (LH) used once (still's got the stickers on it) and in the original box if you're interested-sorry, only 1 prop.

Mark S.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:44 AM
Registered

thanks breathe later I was starting to wonder if anybody had a whipple on their fountain. That's good info.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:02 AM
Registered

Special Reserve,

Do a search on 27' Fountain Project in the Fountain section. I did the project last winter and posted pics and descriptions as I progressed. It also seems like OSO is more responsive in the winter months. I'm too busy boating and cleaning to spend the time posting!

Thanks,

Mark S.

Quick Reply: Whipple Chargers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.