525hp Exhaust questions >

525hp Exhaust questions

Notices

525hp Exhaust questions

Old 11-30-2004, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 525hp Exhaust questions

does anyone know if Fountian put internal mufflers in there tips they are using on the 525 in a 04 29 fever? Looking to get alittle more out of the boat/motor. Thanks Terry
Old 11-30-2004, 08:24 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 525hp Exhaust questions

Can't answer your question, but have you looked up inside the pipes?
Old 12-01-2004, 09:42 AM
Registered

Re: 525hp Exhaust questions

Hi

From what I was told, They are external mufflers only... My '04 29, sounded like a Searay when I splashed her in the spring. I came out of a Baja with an 850hp blower motor that pierced your ears at the dock.. It sounded great with shotgun exhaust tips, so I looked into removing the Fountain mufflers and running straight pipes thru the shotguns, but after speaking to someone who did just that , He only got 1-2mph more and it wasn't worth the $$$$$$$$... I have grown to like the quite and I am not worrying about the Coasties or the Bay constable pulling me over for noise.... Then banging me for having a few beers...

I bought the Fountain for turn key boating and she is exactly that... The bottom line is you will never be happy with a boat.. It will never go fast enough and there will always ,and I mean always, be someone with a faster boat...

Enjoy her for what she is... and stay in touch with this site....

Happy Holidays...
Old 12-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Registered

mine dosn't sound like a sea ray and does have external flappers at the end of the tail pipes. I will look in the pipes tonight have to go pull the prop off of it any way.

Terry
Old 12-02-2004, 03:18 PM
Registered

Terry,

My Fountain mufflers run from the transom to just at the end of the swimplatform..
There are no flappers and you can't take them for anything other then mufflers..
If you have flappers at the transom I would venture to say you don't have mufflers..
See if you have the Y connector that sends part of the exhaust thru the gimble and the prop...
Old 12-02-2004, 06:25 PM
Registered

mine has the Y pipe but it is for the silent choice. I looked up in the tailpipes and there are no baffles. Trying to get it ready for a whipple next year or so.

Terry
Old 12-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine has dumps from the factory & is loud as hell, which is the way I like it.

You mention you want to go faster...What prop are you using & how fast are you at WOT?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:21 AM
Registered

Terry,

If you have silent choice, you don't have mufflers....
If you are going with a blower, I would get rid of the silent choice and run straight pipes and shotgun silencers... You will eliminate the chance of water reversion..
If you are going to modify the motor due it right.. The few extra dollars you will spend up front is cheaper then major repairs later.. And having down time during the boating season...

I am running a 28 Bravo one on the stock 525hp.... I get 5000rpms at 78mph, before I run out of bay... If you tweak the prop and have perfect conditions the boat will hit 80+
It is a great boat for what it is, reliable, turn key,nicely made + rigged, good resale value.. Comfortable and safe in a lake or bay or moderate ocean conditions...You can run around at 68mph all day, safe and sound.....
If you do a whipple I heard you should get a real 88-89mph day in and day out...

Where do you boat ????
Old 12-03-2004, 03:40 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a new set of 29 mufflers if you want them.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Registered

we boat alot on the james river and the chesapeak bay. I have a 28 bravo with a 525. The boat will run 78 to 80 all day but have seen 83 with light load in the early spring. Like the boat wish there was more cabin boat like the boat. Just like everyone else I allways want to go faster.

Terry

Quick Reply: 525hp Exhaust questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.