Fountain for Super Vee Light class >

Fountain for Super Vee Light class

Notices

Fountain for Super Vee Light class

Old 02-24-2005, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fountain for Super Vee Light class

Here is my quick thought on the subject. It's been a while since I was active, but I've owned an F1 29' Fountain and I've driven the Extreme. There is no comparison. The Fountain can't handle the rough or choppy stuff like the Extreme. If I was Reggie, I wouldn't bother with it until I was ready to start from scratch with new molds. The Fountains have too much beam and they can't handle rough water.

Sure kilo numbers are great, but a race course is another story. The longer Fountains may handle the rough differently, could be a length to beam ratio thing. The shorter Fountains are too stubby. Kind of like a short fat Polish girl.
Old 02-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why I like the idea of the 35... nice long sleek legs, built for performance, not awkwardness

You're right, the 29 isn't "it" for SVL. Probably a good reason why no one's done one.

Brian
Old 02-24-2005, 07:24 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

That is because once you get rid of the beak and the platform you are only a 22-23 foot boat I think I was told.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:28 PM
Registered

Would love to see the 35 in a single / race version.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:59 PM
KN
Registered

I don't understand why Fountain doesn't build a SLV boat. It's my understanding that they are only building the 32' boat and nothing smaller. So why wouldn't they take the 32' hull put two big steps in it like the rest of their boats, and use it as a test bed for their pleasure boats. They could put a cut down deck like the rest of their race boats. I'm sure they could build a boat that would be competative. There is more competition and a higher boat count in the SLV class than any other v bottom class.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:06 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KN
I don't understand why Fountain doesn't build a SLV boat. It's my understanding that they are only building the 32' boat and nothing smaller. So why wouldn't they take the 32' hull put two big steps in it like the rest of their boats, and use it as a test bed for their pleasure boats. They could put a cut down deck like the rest of their race boats. I'm sure they could build a boat that would be competative. There is more competition and a higher boat count in the SLV class than any other v bottom class.
Phantoms and Extremes would smoke it that's why. They're 7ft beams and built for racing. Offshore Racing isn't a profittable venture either. It'll never happen at Fountain.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KN
Fountain doesn't make a 32' sport boat any more, bottom line... just a center console. Homologation rules state that new hulls introduced into a spec class must be based on the same mold for a similar boat in a company's pleasure boat product line.

Brian
Old 05-20-2010, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Interesting older thread.....
Old 05-20-2010, 11:47 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Sure is Phantom1
Attached Thumbnails Fountain for Super Vee Light class-getattachment.jpg  
Old 05-21-2010, 07:22 AM
Registered

Quick Reply: Fountain for Super Vee Light class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.