Replacing tonneau cover >

Replacing tonneau cover

Notices

Replacing tonneau cover

Old 03-06-2005, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacing tonneau cover

I'm adding race hatches over my motors, and padding around my windshield, so I need a new tonneau cover. Need some ideas.

Does your tonneau cover cover up the front side intake vents for your engine compartment? I drag my boat around the country, sometimes in the rain. Road spray blowing thru my engine compartment can make a mess in there. Are your vents covered? Anyone have pictures of your gal covered up?

Also, I need some ideas for my upholstery guy. What does the padding look like around your windshield/race fairing? Again, pictures would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Brian
Old 03-06-2005, 12:02 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Replacing tonneau cover

No pictures of my 32 with a cover on, but my factory cover does cover the side vent openings.

the 27 with race fairing.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

US1 any more pics looks nice
Old 03-15-2005, 08:06 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Oh yeah, gots lots of pictures of the 27.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Brian, I'll get a picture of my 32 with the cockpit cover installed if you still need one.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

US1 very nice i really like the red motors
Old 03-16-2005, 12:23 AM
Registered

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the pics. The fairing padding one will come real handy.

Still looking for a pic with the tonneau cover in place. Here's my old cover - the only picture I have of it. Note the side vents are not covered. I'd like to change this... any ideas?

Thanks,
Brian
Attached Thumbnails Replacing tonneau cover-cinci-dry-pits-sm.jpg  
Old 03-16-2005, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

P4- I had a custom cover made for mine last year.LOVE IT...... wheather or not the boat sits outside on a regular basis I feel makes a big difference on how the cover should be made.....In my case the boat sits outside in my driveway....I had it made to go stem to stern and when its on it goes just under the rubrail and under the swim platform.......it uses the adjustable "post" in the cockpit from the previous cover...... It covers the air vents, keeps the sun off the deck and the junk out of the cockpit......it has a bungee cord sewn in that goes all the way around the lower edge of it so it snugs itself up under the rubrail when you put it on.......I can put it on myself..........there are eyelets about every 4' around the lower edge also and the guy made me up a bunch of bungee cords with big plastic S hooks in them so I can lash the cover down tight to the trailer I beams while underway .....they arn't reqd at rest......it also has cutouts for my cleats so I can leave the boat in the water overnight with the cover on and velcro sealed flaps to cover the holes when the cleats are not in use......... and yes it is purple.......it is definatly a heavy duty all weather cover.......not everybody needs all that though.......dont have a pic right now...........doug
Old 03-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is my cover on the similar boat. It too does not cover the side vents. My plan was to make a tailering cover that went down the sides and secured to the trailer. Actually, I'm going to start making covers. If you are interested, PM and we'll talk.

Bryan
Attached Thumbnails Replacing tonneau cover-fountain-drive2.jpg  
Old 03-16-2005, 04:06 PM
Registered

Thanks Doug, I have a full cover for beak-to-transom coverage (although now that I think of it, that one will need some tweeking, too). It's not very practical for towing, tho. The rest of the time, the boat stays in the garage, so I typically don't use my full cover.

Bryan, my tonneau cover is pretty close to yours. I just need to extend the sun pad area up about 8" to make room for the race hatches, plus fairing padding. I have a local guy, but looking for some ideas before I have him dig in. Maybe some separate snap on covers for the vents might work to keep the spray out.

Thanks guys,
Brian

Last edited by p4-33; 03-16-2005 at 04:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Replacing tonneau cover

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.