Notices

Got a question for the Fountain guys

Old 03-21-2005, 09:37 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Got a question for the Fountain guys

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Simple, look at the freeboard. It's not that it sits low, it's that there is no depth to them at the rear. If the back was 1' taller, it'd look like the rest.

It looks like the transom exhaust tips are submersed in the pictures you show?? Can that pose a reversion problem?

Also, the sunpad is at a steep reverse angle..marbles could roll off...not so to the same extent on some other boats...that's why I asked.

I wonder if manufacturing a boat with such steps is cheaper in terms of materials used. If you were to "fill" in the areas where the steps used to be...that would make for more materials..or is that a moot point?
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Got a question for the Fountain guys

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Also, the sunpad is at a steep reverse angle..marbles could roll off...not so to the same extent on some other boats...that's why I asked.
Huh?

The "square" ones are low, too.
Attached Thumbnails Got a question for the Fountain guys-original-fountain-bay-wallpaper2.jpg  
Old 03-21-2005, 10:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
It looks like the transom exhaust tips are submersed in the pictures you show?? Can that pose a reversion problem?

I wonder if manufacturing a boat with such steps is cheaper in terms of materials used. If you were to "fill" in the areas where the steps used to be...that would make for more materials..or is that a moot point?

Actually the tips are above water, so no problem. Plus flappers on the ends of the tips and inside them also. The bottom of the swim platform is recessed some to allow the exhaust to exit at the standard bravo location.Plus the angle of the platform while in the water helps too. This makes for a large air pocket that is trapped at the rubrail. With the exhaust in the loud mode, it shakes the boat like crazy with the exhaust forcing it's way out from the air pocket, so I always use my silent choice at off plain speeds.

Sunpad is diffently a hazard. Many have slipped on it, especially after a good cleaning and coating with 303 protectant. We have a bed comforter that we keep tucked under the front of the hatch, then spread it over the pad when we bumper up to keep from sliding off. When the girls lay on it, they slid down and get the wedgy thing going on, so not all bad.

Actually takes more material for the steps. Gotta account for the verticle section.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:15 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Holy chit Jerry.......I think you need to polish that boat up a bit a nd repaint those drives!!!!.........
Old 03-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pull my trigger
Holy chit Jerry.......I think you need to polish that boat up a bit a nd repaint those drives!!!!.........
atleast buy a new shop light since that one is dirty
Old 03-22-2005, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Troutly
The 29 twin and 32 really were ass draggers. Buddy has a 42 with 500's and it does not drag it's stern nearly that much. Nice attitude sitting in the water.
heres my buddy's 32 ass dragger. We were stayed overnight at a marina that has hotels on site, and he got a call at 6am from the marina saying that his boat was sinking. He ran down to check it out and there was nothing wrong. He gave the dude an earfull and i laughed my balls off.
Attached Thumbnails Got a question for the Fountain guys-al-1-large-.jpg  
Old 03-22-2005, 03:15 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

I wonder how much replacing the heavy stock exhaust would help.......
Old 03-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered

I've got an 8.8, she sits low too. I think it looks sweet. Every time I leave it in a slip or on a bouy I get woken up in the middle of the night. I'm going to get a sign that says "I'm not sinking".
Old 03-22-2005, 04:19 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

A little elbow grease does wonders. Doesn't look that clean by the end of the season though.

You guys are slacking, you catch my dirty drop lite, but no one mentioned my tie bar is still off.

Doug, I have to think there is about 150-200 # max. of weight in the stock exhaust. 4 girls on the hatch one time and the rubrail was right at the water line. So can't see much of a height difference with aftermarket exhaust
Old 03-22-2005, 07:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Re: Got a question for the Fountain guys

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
heres my buddy's 32 ass dragger. We were stayed overnight at a marina that has hotels on site, and he got a call at 6am from the marina saying that his boat was sinking. He ran down to check it out and there was nothing wrong. He gave the dude an earfull and i laughed my balls off.
Well it's quite common....last summer I was asked no less than 10 times if my bilge pump was working on the 42'er. I still must admit I like the way a Cigarette lays in the water while going down a channel...pipes hanging out..no swim platform or an aluminum platform...you know the look..

I took it in stride...not many who raced me could keep up with a 42' Fountain with T-700 Hp engines.

Quick Reply: Got a question for the Fountain guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.