Boat Storage (inside on trailer) ? >

Boat Storage (inside on trailer) ?

Notices

Boat Storage (inside on trailer) ?

Old 12-17-2006, 03:51 PM
BRD
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Storage (inside on trailer) ?

Guys ... Anybody have any leads on inside storage on a trailer near Bonita Beach for a 36 to 38 footer and truck ?

Thanks ~ JM
Old 12-17-2006, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Boat Storage (inside on trailer) ?

I had a hard time finding a place to store the Skater trialer outside. Most places are sold out ot room for only small boats.

Ended up at Saf-T-Storage in Fort Myers Beach. Oustside storage.

Everybody was overwhelmed when I was inquiring about a 50 ft trailer.
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 PM
BRD
Registered

Originally Posted by The Menace
I had a hard time finding a place to store the Skater trialer outside. Most places are sold out ot room for only small boats.

Ended up at Saf-T-Storage in Fort Myers Beach. Oustside storage.

Everybody was overwhelmed when I was inquiring about a 50 ft trailer.
Thats where I've got the 24 trailer ... I've dealt with them before ... they're ok over there .... even got a Christmas card form them .
Thats what I figured .... Thanks Dennis !

Anybody else ???
Old 12-18-2006, 05:45 AM
Registered

I have been there for two years and no Christmas Card.

That lady must like you.

Storage for a 24 footer in Bonita area may be feasible. It was the 50 footer that killed it for me.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah ..... the 24 is a pc. of cake ... It's sittin on the lift behind the condo.
But I've got a line a poker run boat to bring down there and ... well you know the drill .... buyin the boat's the easy part .... all the other "details" get kinda tricky .... ESPECIALLY down there it seems !?!??!!
Old 12-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The Menace you are correct. When I tried to find a place for my trailer (40') they just looked at me like I was nuts. Finally found a place on Pine Island road. I think I will buy some land down there and start a trailer parking lot for us boater's with long trailers. They got plenty of space if you got a pea shooter (25' and below) just say its 40 feet and they are all fill up.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:56 AM
Registered

Since there is a nice trailer thread going maybe Someone has an answer to this. We trailer our boat always as we don't live on the water and like to do our own work so having the boat accessible is important. Is there any ramp in Collier County that is friendly to handle parking of rigs 70' long or longer(47' trailer and 23' dually) As we have just recently moved up in boat size from 27 to 38 The first time we went to park at Cocohatchee I found that the rig extended 10-12 feet into the parking lot which in my mind was not acceptable. Found the same problem at the city ramp. Just curious to see if anyone has a workable solution to this problem.

BTW For Naples area guys with trailer storage issues I have 2 1/2 acres where we live and could help out if needed not under cover though

John
Old 12-20-2006, 07:43 AM
Registered

http://www.colliergov.net/Index.aspx?page=439

On this link at the bottom of the page are the boat ramps for Collier County. I have not been to or used any of them. I have used both ramps in Bonita Springs. The Lovers Key ramp is a very long slow sloping ramp without a drop off with excellent Gulf access. Ample parking for the longest rigs. The one directly off 41 just north of Bonita Beach Rd is a great ramp but a long / slow ride out. Make sure it is high tide for navigating the river.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:19 AM
Registered

I agree with Menace, Lovers Key is very parking/big rig friendly. Depending on weather, we may launch from there for the New Years run. Not many ramps have parking for the long trailers, and when they do, some no parking ability twit with a single axle trailer will be sure to take the spot!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NaplesBaja
I agree with Menace, Lovers Key is very parking/big rig friendly. Depending on weather, we may launch from there for the New Years run. Not many ramps have parking for the long trailers, and when they do, some no parking ability twit with a single axle trailer will be sure to take the spot!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN BROTHER!

Quick Reply: Boat Storage (inside on trailer) ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.