Discussion Thread - Fri. night Party / Sat. Fun Run - March or April ? /07 >

Discussion Thread - Fri. night Party / Sat. Fun Run - March or April ? /07

Notices

Discussion Thread - Fri. night Party / Sat. Fun Run - March or April ? /07

Old 02-10-2007, 02:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Discussion Thread - Fri. night Party / Sat. Fun Run - March or April ? /07

There I knew that would get your attention !! LOL
Believe it or not I am already hearing things like, " OK, Bob when is our next Fun Run ? " LOL

I do have a few ideas I would like to throw out there for consideration and see where it goes. First of all I need a break, and am happy to take a back seat on the next one and just enjoy the run. I would however like to try and get the ball rolling, and hopefully someone from the Ft Myers area will come forward and volunteer to organise a party and maybe someone else organise the boat run. Maybe a committee to share the work is a good idea.

Over the last several months those of us from the Marco and Naples have enjoyed getting together. I would like to see us come up to Ft Myers or FMB and get together on a Friday night with our friends up there. Maybe we can come in our boats, have a party at a local hotel, stay overnight and then we all go on a Fun Run the next day? We could even have a band and either dinner or just hor dervs covered by a reasonable charge.

On the run, we will probably want to go north as we have been to Everglades City, Marco and Naples so far this season. What are your thoughts on where to go to the north? Gasparilla ? Burnt Store? Harpoon Harry's in Punta Gorda?

As for the date, some of us have Poker Run or boating commitments on the first and last weekends of the month of March. That would leave the weekend of March 16/17 as a possibility. If the group decides that is too soon or too much for March, we can then look at the middle of April.

Tell me what you think, and if this is something Ft Myers Offshore would like to do?

Bob
Old 02-10-2007, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any objection to both March and April? Yes, I will volunteer to assist in the organizing effort.

Tom
Old 02-10-2007, 04:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Tom,

For sometime now I have been hearing from some that want to do an overnight run. My thought right now is if we do something local in March, I will put an overnight run together for April.
Saturday say to Sarasota, overnight at the Hyatt and come back to Ft Myers on Sunday. That is a cool trip.
Bob
Old 02-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Registered

Sounds good to me,time for a road trip!!
Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you plan it, they will come..........
Old 02-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Registered

Your turn John.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:42 AM
Registered

YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds great count us in.
My thoughts
First. Hey Tom next time you talk to Joe Schaldenbrand see if he wants to get involved in any way tell him I said so.

Second, Bob, either of those weekends sound good maybe we could give Harpoon Harry's another try. An over night to Sarasota in April would be something to look forward to but of course we need to take into account any other poker run events.

Third, Karen and I would be more than willing and able to help with the planning.

Fouth, as far as anything in March near FMB for a lunch run maybe the Sanibel resort or Rum Runners could accomodate us. This would probably change our starting point to Marco.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by captnate
Your turn John.
Sorry, I don't know enough about that area......besides, who wants to go on a Tuesday or Wednesday anyway...L.O.L......
Old 02-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Registered

I was just about the pull the trigger on the airline tix for my next trip down but I'll wait until we come up with a date for this event.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ktrelfa
YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sounds great count us in.
My thoughts
First. Hey Tom next time you talk to Joe Schaldenbrand see if he wants to get involved in any way tell him I said so.

Second, Bob, either of those weekends sound good maybe we could give Harpoon Harry's another try. An over night to Sarasota in April would be something to look forward to but of course we need to take into account any other poker run events.

Third, Karen and I would be more than willing and able to help with the planning.

Fouth, as far as anything in March near FMB for a lunch run maybe the Sanibel resort or Rum Runners could accomodate us. This would probably change our starting point to Marco.
Hello K & K,

Here are some dates we need to be aware of.

Feb. 22 -25 FPC Miami Boat Show Poker Run

March 3 - private run

March 23 - 24 FPC Palm Beach Poker Run

March 30 - April 1 PRA Sarasota Poker Run & FPC Easter Poker Run

April 20 - 22 FPC Spring Key West Poker Run

May 4 - 6 PRA Ft Myers Poker Run

I have always felt that our dates should not conflict with FPC or PRA.
I would like to see us agree on a date for March so people can make travel plans.

Harpoon Harrys sounds good to me. I kinda felt we owed them a visit after we canceled there and went to Marco to avoid the weather once.
Someone once mentioned to me that Gasparilla is an interesting destination where you can walk around the town. Does anyone know what the dockage and restaurant situation is there?

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-13-2007 at 10:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Discussion Thread - Fri. night Party / Sat. Fun Run - March or April ? /07

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.