OK Bob, what did you buy? >

OK Bob, what did you buy?

Notices

OK Bob, what did you buy?

Old 05-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK Bob, what did you buy?

I saw Predator in the Classifieds...What's up with that?

Let me guess - you were thinking that for the price of 3 motor rebuilds...
Old 05-30-2007, 06:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
I saw Predator in the Classifieds...What's up with that?

Let me guess - you were thinking that for the price of 3 motor rebuilds...
Hey, Craig. Going to go with another 50 Nor Tech but powered by triple Yanmar diesels this time. Will run just over 75 all day long. Not the high top end but pretty respectable. Will still allow me to do poker runs but as well get back to do some long range cruising. 650 miles on a tank ! I want to cruise the Bahamas and even beyond as I did in the 90's.

Hans has a thread going over in General Boating that we are having a bit of fun with. Check it out.
Bob
Old 08-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Registered

Bob,
I thought about doing something similar a couple months ago. Nor-Tech took a 43 Vee with twin Yanmars in trade that I considered trading my 2003 in on. But it would have cost me another $120,000.00 and I figured I could buy a lot of gas for that much money. Still, I think my next boat will be diesel powered.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob
any update on your boat? You have been hiding. Whats the good word?
Old 08-09-2007, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bowtye8
Bob
Hey Dennis,

I have had a busy summer even tho have given Predator a bit of a rest since she is for sale and still fresh. I am off to Kingston, ON to do the 1,000 Islands Poker Run later today. Will check back in with an apdate after the weekend.
Miss all you guys down there and looking forward to my return in less than 2 months now. Hope it stays quiet on the storm front.
Bob
Old 08-09-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered

SHHHHHHHH Bob, we're not even saying the "S" word around here.....so far, so good...........L.O.L.
Old 09-03-2007, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bowtye8
Bob
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the new Nor Tech. Another 50 Vee, but this time powered by triple Yanmar 485 HP diesels and Arneson drives. Thanks to Peter and Raymond at DoubleR Performance for their help in brokering the deal. Delivery date is not yet confirmed but looks like Feb. or March. Will know more on that in just a day or so.

PREDATOR is not yet sold and hope she will be around for most of this coming season. Looking forward to more fun runs with FMO in the months ahead.

Bob
Old 09-03-2007, 07:32 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Well I finally pulled the trigger on the new Nor Tech. Another 50 Vee, but this time powered by triple Yanmar 485 HP diesels and Arneson drives. Thanks to Peter and Raymond at DoubleR Performance for their help in brokering the deal. Delivery date is not yet confirmed but looks like Feb. or March. Will know more on that in just a day or so.

PREDATOR is not yet sold and hope she will be around for most of this coming season. Looking forward to more fun runs with FMO in the months ahead.

Bob
Congrats on the new boat, Bob! If Predator sells before the new one is ready do you suppose Terry will work out a short term lease for something they have in the yard? Looking forward to seeing you again.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Registered

Bob,

Congrats on the new boat. Aside from the engines and drives, are you doing anything different with this 50V ? Seating, GPS & electronics, interior, etc?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
Bob,

Congrats on the new boat. Aside from the engines and drives, are you doing anything different with this 50V ? Seating, GPS & electronics, interior, etc?
Thanks Craig,

Not a lot different. Seating arrangement will be the same. Seems to work well for poker / fun runs. Will have a big screen Garmin chart plotter again. Their model # 5012 is touch screen with no buttons so that should be cool. Exterior colors my be toned down some. LOL Maybe Silver / Blue's / Red? No thoughts on interior yet. It's fun but agonizing sometimes with the choices you have to make when having a new boat built. Nor Tech are great to work with.
One of my challenges is to see if I can come up with a really cool looking radar arch. With some of the long range trips I am wanting to do, radar would be good. Need to figure that out. Thought of removable arch but that would be a pain.
Bob

Quick Reply: OK Bob, what did you buy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.