Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island

Notices

Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island

Old 11-28-2007, 04:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island

I have booked an R 44 helicopter for Jay to get aerial pics of all boats participating in the New Years Day Fun Run to Marco.

We will work out an all inclusive price that will cover the cost of the helicopter and Jay's cost to provide you with both electronic pics as well as some enlarged pictures of your boat.

My best guess with what I know at this time is that it will be between $100. and $150. per boat. Once the final boat count is in and our costs can be nailed down, I will be in a better position to confirm pricing.

I will get the thread for the New Years Fun Run started sometime over the weekend.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island-kw077108wz1.jpg   Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island-kw078220zt2_-2-.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-28-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Yeah, boiiii!!!

To say I am officially excited, well... that would be an understatement.
Attached Thumbnails Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island-low-low.jpg  

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 11-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Damn Bob you are one motivated person! I personally think this is going to be awsome!

Don
Old 11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Damn Bob you are one motivated person! I personally think this is going to be awsome!

Don
Hey, just doin my job !! LOL
Attached Thumbnails Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island-334.jpeg  
Old 11-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BOB,

you are freakin' awesome, I will be testing the Pantera this weekend, and my buddy who was going to have the new years eve party has decided to cancel(too any friends have kids), and we will do something small, so he will be wide awake, and ready to run with us new years day.

Rick
Old 11-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Rick,

Are we (slower boats) gonna have to pay extra??

The way I figure it, if the helicopter runs with the big boys, he'll have to burn more fuel to turn around to take pics of us!!LOL

Maybe we should have a secret weapon up our sleeves...

Do you know any girls that work at Escapades, Fantasys, etc...?

Tom
Old 11-29-2007, 06:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by wantingmore
Hey Rick,

Are we (slower boats) gonna have to pay extra??

The way I figure it, if the helicopter runs with the big boys, he'll have to burn more fuel to turn around to take pics of us!!LOL

Maybe we should have a secret weapon up our sleeves...

Do you know any girls that work at Escapades, Fantasys, etc...?

Tom

Tom,

I may be able to pull a few models out of my sleeve

But the wives may not approve when we bring the pics home

This is up to BOB, but I say we do something like the last time, slowboats leave first, there will probably only be a handful of us, then the bigboys can do their thing.

Rick
Old 11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71

Tom,

I may be able to pull a few models out of my sleeve

But the wives may not approve when we bring the pics home

This is up to BOB, but I say we do something like the last time, slowboats leave first, there will probably only be a handful of us, then the bigboys can do their thing.

Rick
Rick, Models / talent are always welcome !! Approval is the problem tho !!

Here is way I see the start. We will be in 3 groups with fastest group ( over 75 MPH ) going first. Group 2 will go next and run 60 to 75 ish. Group 3 will be the 50 to 60 MPH boats. Once Jay has pics of Group 1 the heli will swing back and pick up Group 2 then finally Group 3. If all goes well by the time we get to Gordon Pass ( Naples ) we should have running shots of all the boats.
I am thinking that at Gordon Pass we all stop and re group. From there we can run south down the beach off Keewaydin and thought that would make a great backdrop for more pictures.
The other shot that would be cool is to position the heli 40 ft off the water ( or a height comfortable to the pilot ) over Big Marco Pass and catch us coming in single file off the Gulf. Some straight down shots are really cool. I used to know a daredevil pilot in Ontario that would position himself about 25 ft off the water and I would run under him at full speed with the rooster tail about touching his landing gear. Crazy stuff and not suggesting that ...... at least not yet ! LOL

Bob
Old 11-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Rick, Models / talent are always welcome !! Approval is the problem tho !!

Here is way I see the start. We will be in 3 groups with fastest group ( over 75 MPH ) going first. Group 2 will go next and run 60 to 75 ish. Group 3 will be the 50 to 60 MPH boats. Once Jay has pics of Group 1 the heli will swing back and pick up Group 2 then finally Group 3. If all goes well by the time we get to Gordon Pass ( Naples ) we should have running shots of all the boats.
I am thinking that at Gordon Pass we all stop and re group. From there we can run south down the beach off Keewaydin and thought that would make a great backdrop for more pictures.
The other shot that would be cool is to position the heli 40 ft off the water ( or a height comfortable to the pilot ) over Big Marco Pass and catch us coming in single file off the Gulf. Some straight down shots are really cool. I used to know a daredevil pilot in Ontario that would position himself about 25 ft off the water and I would run under him at full speed with the rooster tail about touching his landing gear. Crazy stuff and not suggesting that ...... at least not yet ! LOL

Bob
yeah,

approval IS the problem, my wife finally saw the F-1 AMF Hero card with me and Trent posing with the AMF models in front of the raceboat, I hid it from her for almost a year, then we show up at dads for thanksgiving, and Dad has it up on the fridge

The heli plan sounds good to me, but what do I know, I dont know the area....................YET

Rick
Old 11-29-2007, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71

The heli plan sounds good to me, but what do I know, I dont know the area....................YET

Rick
A few more runs with us Rick and you will soon know the area. In the new year I would like to take the group back to Everglades City. That is a cool run.

Here is one of my all time favorite boat / helicopter pics. This was taken from my boat and is my friend Randy Bird on Georgian Bay. The pilot is Jim who I was saying would let me fly under him.
Attached Thumbnails Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island-2002_0727_113206aa.jpg  

Quick Reply: Helicopter is booked for New Years Day Fun Run to Marco Island

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.