Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Important message to all my FMO friends.  Please read. >

Important message to all my FMO friends. Please read.

Notices

Important message to all my FMO friends. Please read.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Terry,

At 67.9 you will be passing me like I'm standing still !!!!
Old 01-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Registered

Yea Craig but we'll be driving the hell out of our boats, and you'll be sitting on the back seat drinking a cocktail.

Tom
Old 01-11-2008, 11:31 AM
Registered

Baja 38 special

Weight with fuel and passengers 11,500 lbs
Horsepower 830HP
Top speed 63 mph GPS

I think I got all of you except maybe Craig as his boat is longer and heavier with similar power.

John
Old 01-13-2008, 07:55 AM
Registered

Bob,
Being in the public entertainment business for 30 years I too went through those liability pains. Hailing business in NY made it worse, the king state of scum attorneys and frequent court awarded settlements. I was running scared once and insurance poor. Fact is anybody can sue for anything and insurance companies settle out of court, right or wrong. The more insurance, the bigger the target. My solution, less insurance, don't worry about anything that hasn't happened,and do all the business I can. Fight ALL claims. Fire the insurance company that offers a settlement.
You keep doing what your doing. Don't let people ruin your fun. If that fishing boat deciedes to sue you because you scared a fish, then You can use my insurance company, NO charge. They don't pay claims,fight every claim to the end, and wouldn't pay if they lose. I don't think anyway, cause they never lost. This usually deters leitch attorneys cause they only take easy cases with lots of insurance and easy settlements. Their name is Smith & Wesson. If things get thick, we will just sink the litigants boat and tie their wife to the front of my skater and I will take her from sarasota to naples in 3-5's like I used to race. NO CHARGE. Jay can film it.
Harry
Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, that (post #36) certainly puts a different perspective on the issue!
Old 01-13-2008, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Film at 11.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 01-13-2008, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FUNITHESUN
Bob,
Being in the public entertainment business for 30 years I too went through those liability pains. Hailing business in NY made it worse, the king state of scum attorneys and frequent court awarded settlements. I was running scared once and insurance poor. Fact is anybody can sue for anything and insurance companies settle out of court, right or wrong. The more insurance, the bigger the target. My solution, less insurance, don't worry about anything that hasn't happened,and do all the business I can. Fight ALL claims. Fire the insurance company that offers a settlement.
You keep doing what your doing. Don't let people ruin your fun. If that fishing boat deciedes to sue you because you scared a fish, then You can use my insurance company, NO charge. They don't pay claims,fight every claim to the end, and wouldn't pay if they lose. I don't think anyway, cause they never lost. This usually deters leitch attorneys cause they only take easy cases with lots of insurance and easy settlements. Their name is Smith & Wesson. If things get thick, we will just sink the litigants boat and tie their wife to the front of my skater and I will take her from sarasota to naples in 3-5's like I used to race. NO CHARGE. Jay can film it.
Harry

Old 01-13-2008, 07:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by FUNITHESUN
Bob,
Harry
Interesting Harry. I guess I'm just not very hard nosed.
When I started in the home building business in Canada 27 years ago, my lawyer looked at me and said - are you nuts? One in ever 20 customers are going to try and sue you. ( I think he may have been exagerating ) So here I am now, having built 2,500 homes in that time and I can honestly say I have never been sued and have never seen the inside of a courtroom. If my building carreer had been in the USA I am sure that my experience would be quite different. This concept of "sue 'em" is very foriegn to me and scares me.
I am meeting with my insurers early this week and have been referrred to a top notch maritime lawyer to speak with. Before my return to FL later this coming week I will know better what course I should take.
Bob
Old 01-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Interesting Harry. I guess I'm just not very hard nosed.
When I started in the home building business in Canada 27 years ago, my lawyer looked at me and said - are you nuts? One in ever 20 customers are going to try and sue you. ( I think he may have been exagerating ) So here I am now, having built 2,500 homes in that time and I can honestly say I have never been sued and have never seen the inside of a courtroom. If my building carreer had been in the USA I am sure that my experience would be quite different. This concept of "sue 'em" is very foriegn to me and scares me.
I am meeting with my insurers early this week and have been referrred to a top notch maritime lawyer to speak with. Before my return to FL later this coming week I will know better what course I should take.
Bob
Thanks Bob
Old 01-14-2008, 06:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Had a good meeting today with my insurers today and got the high level of comfort that I was looking for. Subject to them confirming our verbal discussions in the next few days I see no obstacles from an insurance standpoint.
Next the legal beagles. LOL Often they are the ones to spoil all the fun. LOL
I will keep you all posted, but so far so good.
Bob

Quick Reply: Important message to all my FMO friends. Please read.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.