Fixed the Pantera today!!!

Notices

Fixed the Pantera today!!!

Old 02-25-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixed the Pantera today!!!

Some of ya know my story, some dont,

Three year rest, and nothing but problems since, hopefully its all good now!!

here is what I posted in GD.

A few months ago, I toasted my 200(2.4 fishin motor), before that it would run 50 with the 2.4 on the 24 Pantera. Around late December I bought a 225 3 litre, and rigged it up. A few weeks ago, I took it out for the first time with the new(er) motor, and it was giving me a hard time to get on plane, but once it got up, it would run 50 at 5000rpm, not bad, but I knew it had more, just needed setup. Well, about 10 miles into the run, while pulling off plane for a bridge, it cut out, and would not restart I pulled the cowl, and found #4 coil wire off. I recrimped and reinstalled, but no spark, so I called towboat. For the last 2 weeks, I have been going nuts trying to figure it out. I spoke to a few Merc techs, and they all agreed ECU. Jay from SST marine hooked me up with a sweet deal on a complete set of used 3 litre electonics(actually, I got the whole powerhead in pieces). I replaced the ECU, and still no spark Today I traced it down to the #2 coil was shorted internally, causing all 6 to short as if the ignition kill was pulled. I replaced it with a used coil, and it started right up When I went to put the cowling back on to come inside for the night, I got one of the hooks that holds the back of the cowl down hooked on the #4 coil wire, and pulled it off, now I believe that was what happened 2 weeks ago, and I was originally running on 5 cylinders which would explain the getting on plane issue, I will test again next weekend on all 6, and hope for 60

I will be doing my testing on my coast, since being towed was bad enough without the 2 hour ride home afterwards, but hope to be running with yall real soon(at least in the slow group)!!!
Attached Thumbnails Fixed the Pantera today!!!-hpim1177.jpg   Fixed the Pantera today!!!-hpim1220-2.jpg   Fixed the Pantera today!!!-hpim1251-2.jpg  

Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick that is great news, You gotta love that feeling that you finnally figured it. Some call it the Eureka moment. Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck and see you soon

John
Old 02-26-2008, 06:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Specialized
Rick that is great news, You gotta love that feeling that you finnally figured it. Some call it the Eureka moment. Doesn't get any better than that. Good luck and see you soon

John
John,

When are we going to Keywaydin Where is the closest ramp to that place??

Rick
Old 02-26-2008, 10:08 AM
Registered

Rick,
There's a ramp on 951 right before you go over the bridge to Marco. It's an easy ride to Keywadin from there. Congrats on getting the boat running. We'll be honored to have you in the slow group.
Tom
Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
John,

When are we going to Keywaydin Where is the closest ramp to that place??

Rick
Bring it on over and if your nice I'll show you how to blow a motor righteously The closest ramp will probably be the marco ramp where Bob puts in Predator it is about a mile or so beyond where the turnoff to the Esplanade was by water and is located right on Collier Blvd/951 by car. I heard that I missed quite the show last time when I left See you soon

John
Old 02-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wantingmore
Rick,
There's a ramp on 951 right before you go over the bridge to Marco. It's an easy ride to Keywadin from there. Congrats on getting the boat running. We'll be honored to have you in the slow group.
Tom
Thanks Tom,

I know the ramp, just need directions, or someone to follow from there. Cant wait to run again, i hope this thing stays together this time

Rick
Old 02-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Specialized
Bring it on over and if your nice I'll show you how to blow a motor righteously The closest ramp will probably be the marco ramp where Bob puts in Predator it is about a mile or so beyond where the turnoff to the Esplanade was by water and is located right on Collier Blvd/951 by car. I heard that I missed quite the show last time when I left See you soon

John
John,

we'll have no more of that blowing motor stuff Did you leave before the show??? Sucks to be you, it was a nice show. I'll be over for sure once I get it setup, and consistent. Is that the ramp by the bridge??

Rick
Old 03-01-2008, 06:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Here's a map that shows the location of the ramp near the Marco Island Bridge.
Attached Thumbnails Fixed the Pantera today!!!-951-ramp.jpg  
Old 03-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat
Here's a map that shows the location of the ramp near the Marco Island Bridge.
Thanks Jay, I saw the ramp on my way over last time, can ya point me to Keywaydin from the ramp, I am a little retarded when it comes to directions
Old 03-01-2008, 10:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

These should do it, Rick. Call Bob if you get lost.
Attached Thumbnails Fixed the Pantera today!!!-keywaydin.jpg   Fixed the Pantera today!!!-map3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Fixed the Pantera today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.