Mark your Calendars ! >

Mark your Calendars !

Notices

Mark your Calendars !

Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mark your Calendars !

FOR THOSE THAT DO NOT TRAVEL TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH AFTER MEMORIAL DAY: (or those willing to come back!! )

I have been asked by the Lee County chapter of the American Red Cross to assist them in organizing a Poker Run style event fund raiser on June 28, 2008.

Currently, the starting points and chip stops are still open. The end point will be the Marina at Cape Harbor in Cape Coral. It is anticipated that there will be silent auction items set up in the rotunda between Rum Runners and the Boathouse. Awards for winning hands will be made in the same area. The organizing committee has determined a registration fee of $150 to $200 for each boat, captain, co-captain and one hand of cards. Additional hands of cards are anticipated to be $50 to $75. Unlike some other poker runs, there will not be a limit on the number of participant hands that can be played, and speed will not be an issue. (It is a fund raiser, after all !!)

At this point, there will be light appetizers at the final stop at Cape Harbor and the event will conclude before dinner. Participants will be on their own for dinner. With this level of registration cost, I would expect to pay for dinner myself.

Cape Harbor, Realmark Realty, and the Boathouse management have graciously offered complimentary overnight dockage at the marina for the event.

In addition to participating in the fun run, I am looking for your assistance with the following:

1.) Obviously, sponsorships are available for Presenting Sponsor, Burgee Sponsor, Chart Sponsor, T shirt Sponsor, Chip Sponsor, and Card Sponsor. The sponsorships contributions range from $250 to $12,500.
2.) Card / Chip stops. Can your facility be a designated stop for participants? Are you in a position to offer a sponsored lunch during the day?
3.) Silent auction item donations
4.) Customer participation. Encourage your customers and friends to get out on their boats and participate.
5.) Assistance at card stops. Although the card stops have not yet been identified, volunteer staff for directing boat traffic, handing out chips or cards, and recording participant registration numbers will be needed.

6.) Spread the word ...

Thank you for any assistance you can provide
Old 04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Tom-

Boating for a great cause! Amanda and I should be in the area. Count us in.

If you need some help let me know and I will see what I can do.

Don

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 04-01-2008 at 08:49 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:42 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

Count me in. Dito on the assistance if needed.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good to me....
Old 04-02-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

Sounds like fun Tom,

Not sure if I will have a boat, or at least a boat that is capable of keeping up, but I will try. If there is not a slower group running, and someone would like a crew member, I will gladly pay for a hand.

Rick
Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

ttt

Tom, thought this is such a good cause that it should be brought back up. Wish I were around to help in some way but since I cannot, I will make a financial contribution to try and be some help. I will see you with it late next week. Maybe we can have a "Cabana Bar" meeting before I leave town next, but that is for another thread.
Bob
Old 04-11-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

Rick:

There will be slower boats running. The run is open to the whole boating community in South West Florida.

T

Thanks Bob.
Old 04-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Tom count me in. This is my favorie type f run.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick,
I was going to say, I'll be the slow group, so don't worry about that. Sounds like a good time Tom.
Tom
Old 06-07-2008, 01:54 PM
Registered

Bringing this back to the top. The event is only three weeks away.

Detailed info and registration info can be found on the American Red Cross web site: http://www.arclcc.org/

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Tom

Quick Reply: Mark your Calendars !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.