Notices

Local Restaurant??

Old 07-09-2008, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Local Restaurant??

Bringing the wife over to Bonita for our Anniversary on the 26th. Who has some suggestions for a nice place for dinner, nothing too fancy, but decent an waterfront if possible.

Thanks

Rick
Old 07-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Registered

Roy's in Bonita. Not on the water, but great atmosphere and food.

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Coconut Point mall (in Estero, next town north)

Flemings Steak House, in North Naples.

Do you belong to any clubs in Boca that might be able to arrange for reciprocal privileges? Most of the decent restaurants on the water in the Bonita, north Naples area are in private clubs.

Now, if you are willing to drive south to downtown Naples, There is a plethora of waterfront restaurants. The Boathouse, The Dock, Pinchers Crab Shack, Turners Lobster House, Scenes on the Bay, Roys, a Brazilian steak place, etc .....

T
Old 07-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
Roy's in Bonita. Not on the water, but great atmosphere and food.

Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Coconut Point mall (in Estero, next town north)

Flemings Steak House, in North Naples.

Do you belong to any clubs in Boca that might be able to arrange for reciprocal privileges? Most of the decent restaurants on the water in the Bonita, north Naples area are in private clubs.

Now, if you are willing to drive south to downtown Naples, There is a plethora of waterfront restaurants. The Boathouse, The Dock, Pinchers Crab Shack, Turners Lobster House, Scenes on the Bay, Roys, a Brazilian steak place, etc .....

T
Tom,

Not a member of any clubs in Boca, but we are in Bonita. Our(actually belongs to the in-laws, but it is a family vacation home for all to use) place is in Barefoot(which is why I cant keep the boat at the house), and they are members of the beach club. I am very familiar with Coconut point, but looking for somewhere new to us. I dont want anything too high end, just comfortable with good food. Naples is Fine, what would you suggest down there?

Thanks,

Rick
Old 07-09-2008, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Or if you wanted to drive north......

Parrot Key ( Back bay of FMB)
Mantanza's (Back bay of FMB)
Rum Runners/ The Joint (Cape Coral)
Harborside (North Fort Myers on Calosahache River)
Old 07-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

So, if you've been to Barefoot Beach you are already familiar with Doc's burger place on the beach; and Vincenzo's on Bonita Beach Road. In addition to Don's suggestions above; going north - The Fish House at Fish Tale marina - definitely not high end but on the water. There are two restaurants on the beach near the north end of Fort Myers Beach. Maybe Anthony's on the Beach. Also, The Channel Mark and Pinchers Crab shack on San Carlos Blvd on the way out of Fort Myers Beach on the north end.

Going South from Bonita Beach Road;

Pelican Isle Yacht Club if you can arrange reciprocals with the beach club. (If you can't arrange a reciprocal and this option interests you give me a call.) Great waterfront location with excellent sunset views from the bar. Don't mention my name and you'll be treated well. Friday night is Steak Night with happy hour all night.

The Turtle Club on Vanderbilt Beach (just north of the Ritz Carlton); Baleen (sp?) at the La Playa hotel / club on Vanderbilt Beach; Of course, the Grill Room at the Ritz Carlton. You won't find better service or food anywhere.

Continuing South; Flemings at Vanderbilt Beach Road and US 41.

The restaurants I listed above for downtown Naples are all on the bay. If you decide to go off the water, you cant spit in any direction on 5th Avenue withouth hitting the door of a good restaurant. For a fun experience with good food, and typically a long wait at the bar, try Tommy Bahama's on 3rd Street south.

T
Old 07-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Registered

Thanks Tom,

I'll check them out, VERY familiar with Docs, and the Fish House

Rick
Old 07-09-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MegaByte*3
Going South from Bonita Beach Road;

The Turtle Club on Vanderbilt Beach (just north of the Ritz Carlton);

T
Turtle Club: Outside dining directly on the beach or inside with beach view. I believe the lunch's are better than the dinners. Salads are fantastic.

On Bonita Beach at the far north end before you cross the bridge on the right is the Little Hickory Island restaurant. Far from the fanciest but on the bay with water view, inside or outside dining. Don't even look at the menu, order the Banana Grouper. Again, on the right before you cross the bridge.
Old 07-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by The Menace
Turtle Club: Outside dining directly on the beach or inside with beach view. I believe the lunch's are better than the dinners. Salads are fantastic.

On Bonita Beach at the far north end before you cross the bridge on the right is the Little Hickory Island restaurant. Far from the fanciest but on the bay with water view, inside or outside dining. Don't even look at the menu, order the Banana Grouper. Again, on the right before you cross the bridge.
I'll check out the turtle club, we are on Little Hickory, never noticed the place, but will check it out.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Menace

I'll second that on the banana grouper !!!
Old 07-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you wind up at Ft Myers Beach, ChannelMark or The Bridge get my vote, both accessible by boat. You could always trailer up to Lovers Key and launch there. Either run up the Intercoastal or outside. Let me know if you'll be up that way. We live in South FM, about 10 minutes to the beach.
Tom

Quick Reply: Local Restaurant??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.