Considering Relocating to Naples >

Considering Relocating to Naples

Notices

Considering Relocating to Naples

Old 10-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scrappy
Well, it's been a long process, but I finally made it down to Naples. I moved down here about a month ago and have been staying in a hotel, but I should being moving into a condo I'm leasing on Nov. 1st.

I don't have a boat down here yet, but I'll be stopping by the naples bay resort on Saturday. Looking forward to meeting some people.
If you want to meet some FMO members you are welcome to come with a few OSO guys on Nov. 27th run on my boat.
The club has a PR that weekend.

Will get you out on the water and see some of the sights and meet some local boaters.

Lots of room on my boat !
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by catastrophe
Lots of room on my boat !
for BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome,

here is a little video from the cabbage key run last saturday, my boat is around the :26 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcJn92joEsM
Old 10-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Welcome,

here is a little video from the cabbage key run last saturday, my boat is around the :26 second mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcJn92joEsM
Welcome also! We are also in the video that was taken last weekend. I am 29 also and moved down here 5 years ago from Minnesota. If you like to boat it is a great place to live. If you dont like to boat then you will hate it here. I had a friends move down last year and they lasted about 6 months becasue they had nothing to do ( they were not boaters). It is much slower pace than anyplace I have ever been but once you get us to it it can be alot of fun.

I am an engineer for a company in Bonita Springs and we are always looking for engineers. There are only a handful of comapnies in naples that do any manufacturing (1 aero space company, 1 diesel injection company, 2 medical companies, and maybe a couple others).

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 10-19-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Welcome also! We are also in the video that was taken last weekend. I am 29 also and moved down here 5 years ago from Minnesota. If you like to boat it is a great place to live. If you dont like to boat then you will hate it here. I had a friends move down last year and they lasted about 6 months becasue they had nothing to do ( they were not boaters). It is much slower pace than anyplace I have ever been but once you get us to it it can be alot of fun.

I am an engineer for a company in Bonita Springs and we are always looking for engineers. There are only a handful of comapnies in naples that do any manufacturing (1 aero space company, 1 diesel injection company and 2 medical companies).
Friggen yougn's, yer makin' me feel old at 40

Which one of those companies do you work for Don? I found out today we will having a layoff soon, I am near the top of the food chain(Q.C. Supervisor for a Medical Device MFG Co.), and should be safe for a bit, But my wifes family does have a vacation place I could crash at in Bonita during the week if I had to relocate
Old 10-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Registered

Which one of those companies do you work for Don? I found out today we will having a layoff soon, I am near the top of the food chain(Q.C. Supervisor for a Medical Device MFG Co.), and should be safe for a bit, But my wifes family does have a vacation place I could crash at in Bonita during the week if I had to relocate
I work for Shaw development

Parker is the Aero Space Company (Use to be a Division of Shaw)
Arthrax is Bio Medical
Anova (I think that is spelled right) is a Bio Medial Valve Company
Hanes is the Diesel Injection Company
Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=rchevelle71;3233813]Friggen yougn's, yer makin' me feel old at 40[QUOTE]

40 is still considered young on this coast!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
I work for Shaw development

Parker is the Aero Space Company (Use to be a Division of Shaw)
Arthrax is Bio Medical
Anova (I think that is spelled right) is a Bio Medial Valve Company
Hanes is the Diesel Injection Company
Cool,

thanks for the names, I knew of Arthrax, my mom is a manufacturing manager for one of their contract manufacturers up in CT, I'll check the others out, dont really want to move, cuz my house aint worth squat right now, but I suppose I could commute if need be.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Maritime_Eng;3233821][QUOTE=rchevelle71;3233813]Friggen yougn's, yer makin' me feel old at 40

40 is still considered young on this coast!
here I am over the hill, but not quite ready for century village yet, but I feel like a Perv, every time I go to Lauderdale, or South beach after dark
Old 10-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=rchevelle71;3233843][QUOTE=Maritime_Eng;3233821]

here I am over the hill, but not quite ready for century village yet, but I feel like a Perv, every time I go to Lauderdale, or South beach after dark
LOL. Hell, Amanda and I feel old everytime we go the south beach!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.