Boating, N. Captiva, FL

Notices

Boating, N. Captiva, FL

Old 08-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boating, N. Captiva, FL

Sat Aug 14 - I took the small boat, 230LX Stingray, 350magMPI/B1, off the lift, out the Myakka River, South down Charlotte Harbor, West to Boca Grande Pass, & South to N. Captiva island. I anchored in 3 ft of water in the Gulf, 1.5 miles North of where Hurricane Charley made landfall and cut a pass, connecting the Gulf to bay, 6 years, 1 day ago, today. The devastation is still amazing.

Boating, N. Captiva, FL, 60 pictures

Boating, N. Captiva, FL, 60 pictures
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to believe it has been that long. Was thinking about the storm when I went to Green Flash on Captiva on Saturday. I'll have to post some pics I took from the boat of N. Captiva about a week after Charley came through... eerie stuff.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jswfl09
Hard to believe it has been that long. Was thinking about the storm when I went to Green Flash on Captiva on Saturday. I'll have to post some pics I took from the boat of N. Captiva about a week after Charley came through... eerie stuff.
We had no power for 14 days, and no water for 17 days, here in Port Charlotte. Almost everyone I know had some house damage, and about 1/2 of those I know had no house to live in after Hurricane Charley. We had 7 of our 13 schools destroyed, and this is the first school year they are all back. When I look at my pictures from then, I still get real dry in my mouth, and chills down my back.

FYI: We have a great power boat orginazation here, Ft Myers Offshore (FMO). I do not remember meeting you previously, and you should consider joing us.

Here are some FMO event photos I took:

Ft. Myers Offshore & local events

Feel welcome to call me, if you want some addl info.

Frank Fasulo
O: 941 697 0200