Fun Run Schedule For 2010

Notices

Fun Run Schedule For 2010

Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Fun Run Schedule For 2010

Hello Everyone-

Amanda and I are looking to take a vacation in Oct and we were wondering what is the date of the first fun run? If possible we wanted to schedule our trip around the first run.

Thanks!
Don
Old 08-26-2010, 05:50 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I seen oct 23, check to make sure.
Rick
Old 08-27-2010, 09:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Hello Don , Amanda and all. I have been having too much fun up north it seems to get the schedule finished up but will soon. We need to sort a few things out but here is what I can confirm at this time.

The first run of the season will be on Saturday October 23rd to Naples Bay Resort. That weekend the waterfront merchants are having a Stone Crab Festival and very much want us to be a part of it. There will be a lot of people viewing our boats and it will be a sort of show and shine event where we will hang out at the boats / docks and answer the usual questions about our boats so make sure you are looking good ! LOL If we are not too late finishing up some of the local boats will go down to the beach at Keewaydin for the rest of the afternoon. All are welcome.

The second run of the season will be on Saturday November 27th which is our traditional Thanksgiving weekend run. The destination will soon be determined.

The third run will be on Jan 1, 2011 which is our traditional New Years Day fun run to The Esplanade at Marco Island. I had invited opinions on whether we do that run on Dec 31st as happened last year due to approaching weather and there were only a few who expressed an opinion on that. Another reason to keep it on Jan. 1st this year is the 31st is a Friday which may be a work day for some of the locals.

In early 2011 we will be doing a run again to Hamilton Harbor in Naples as well as Useppa Island which was a big hit last year. I explored having the group go to Useppa on Thanksgiving weekend but they cannot handle us on a holiday weekend. We also want to do incorporate going thru Matlacha as we did last year but is complicating things a bit as we must find a mid afternoon high tide to do that. We will get it all figured out soon. I am also wonering if there is support for a run down to Everglades City. We did that a few years ago and people seemed to enjoy it, however it is a bit distant. If there are any suggestions for destinations please feel free to post here or contact me.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 08-27-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Hello Don , Amanda and all. I have been having too much fun up north it seems to get the schedule finished up but will soon. We need to sort a few things out but here is what I can confirm at this time.

The first run of the season will be on Saturday October 23rd to Naples Bay Resort. That weekend the waterfront merchants are having a Stone Crab Festival and very much want us to be a part of it. There will be a lot of people viewing our boats and it will be a sort of show and shine event where we will hang out at the boats / docks and answer the usual questions about our boats so make sure you are looking good ! LOL If we are not too late finishing up some of the local boats will go down to the beach at Keewaydin for the rest of the afternoon. All are welcome.

The second run of the season will be on Saturday November 27th which is our traditional Thanksgiving weekend run. The destination will soon be determined.

The third run will be on Jan 1, 2011 which is our traditional New Years Day fun run to The Esplanade at Marco Island. I had invited opinions on whether we do that run on Dec 31st as happened last year due to approaching weather and there were only a few who expressed an opinion on that. Another reason to keep it on Jan. 1st this year is the 31st is a Friday which may be a work day for some of the locals.

In early 2011 we will be doing a run again to Hamilton Harbor in Naples as well as Useppa Island which was a big hit last year. I explored having the group go to Useppa on Thanksgiving weekend but they cannot handle us on a holiday weekend. We also want to do incorporate going thru Matlacha as we did last year but is complicating things a bit as we must find a mid afternoon high tide to do that. We will get it all figured out soon. I am also wonering if there is support for a run down to Everglades City. We did that a few years ago and people seemed to enjoy it, however it is a bit distant. If there are any suggestions for destinations please feel free to post here or contact me.

Bob
Hi Bob!

Hope all is well. Thanks for the info, now we can book our trip for early October we didnt want to miss the first run of the year. See ya soon.

Don
Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Coming soon !!

We are just putting the finishing touches to the complete 2010 / 11 schedule and should be able to post and circulate to membership in a few more days. The first 3 runs remain as posted above but more details will be forthcoming. Just a few things to work thru on our late January, early March and early April fun runs.
I am looking forward to another great season with all the good people at FMO ! Thank you for your support and for what our club is about.

Bob
Old 09-10-2010, 09:04 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

never fails

I already have plans for the Oct 23 weekend.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
never fails

Sorry to hear Frank, but I guess if you have to miss a run, maybe best to miss a long one like that. BTW on the second run, Useppa Island has agreed to host us even tho it is a holiday weekend. That will be closer for you if you are around.
Look forward to seeing you and the Skater then or sooner.
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-10-2010 at 09:49 AM. Reason: can't type this morning LOL
Old 09-10-2010, 10:01 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im ready count me in !
Rick
Old 09-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Sorry to hear Frank, but I guess if you have to miss a run, maybe best to miss a long one like that. BTW on the second run, Useppa Island has agreed to host us even tho it is a holiday weekend. That will be closer for you if you are around.
Look forward to seeing you and the Skater then or sooner.
Bob
Bob,

You know me, 180+ mile runs, I have done them before with FMO, and I will do them again.

Naples/Marco/Keys whatever.

Once you post the 'official' event schedule, I will start the 'boat list'.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Change 'em.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.