Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City, car show, photos

Notices

Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City, car show, photos

Old 01-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City, car show, photos

I know this is a boating forum, but most of the hi-perf boaters I know, love virtually all hi-perf. If this needs to be moved to another section, thats fine.

Todays car show was hosted by Rick, and contained local cars, but it took place at one of the largest GM muscle car displays, in the nation.

Muscle Car City, located in South Punta Gorda, FL, is a 99,000 square foot museum with well over 200 vintage '50s to early '70s muscle cars. Featuring classic cars and hot rods spanning 35 years of makes and models. The collection boasts GM Performance Cars from '67 - '70 Z-28 Camaros, '68 - '71 396 Camaros, '64 - '71 SS Chevelles, '65 – '71 SS El Caminos, '58 - '67 Big Block Impalas, '64 - '71 Pontiac GTOs, '64 - '72 Oldsmobile 442s and a huge assortment of Hot Rods and Antique Chevys. Rick has managed to maintain and collect one or more Corvette of each year from 1954 - 1975 and several of each series from 1975 - 2006.

As a child, cars played a big part of Rick Treworgy's life. Models, pedal cars, any toy with 4 wheels inspired him. As soon as he was old enough to ride a bike, a motor was his next thought. He legally started driving in 1965 at age 16; a great time for a muscle car guy! Rick, like most kids, started with 10 year old cars, but hey - '55 through '57 Chevys weren't too shabby.

At first his interest in old cars was purely economic, (they were all he could afford), but as time passed he found a certain charm in those old cars. He bought, sold and restored these cars, and this was how he kept his hobby alive.

Soon enough, Rick began collecting GM cars, Chevy's in particular. After nearly 40 years of turning his dream into a reality and stock piling well over 200 vintage '50s to early '70s muscle cars, he decided to turn this collection into Muscle Car City!

Two years ago, Rick bought an abandoned store from the biggest retailer in the world, Wal-Mart, and now he’s ready to share his world-class collection with the rest of us. This has become one of the largest GM muscle car collections in the nation.

Rick has kept the entire collection in pristine running condition. That's quite a feat considering the classic cars and hot rods span 80 years of makes and models! Rick learned that almost anyone can have a nice new car; however it takes someone who really cares to have a nice old car.

Here are my pictures, enjoy!

Car show, all 85 pictures

Car show, all 85 pictures
Old 01-15-2011, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very Cool
thnx for sharing
Old 01-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really like the color and tail on this car, and suspected it would make a great shot. Once I looked at it on my computer screen, I noticed the reflection of the orange cone. I was really bummed, since I felt this ruined the shot, and then I notice another reflection in the chrome around the lights. I had 18MB, so I digitally zoomed in on my PC, and can see myself, and the Impala and BelAir behind me, as well as the palm trees at the end of the parking lot.

Here is the original shot, and the digital zoom of the reflection.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks for sharing, Frank. I enjoyed watching as a slide show. Great pics and you have got to be happy with that new camera. Bob
Old 01-16-2011, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been There

Frank, Was there last year on our trip up to Harpoon Harry's. That has to be one of the best collection I have every seen. I personally talk to Rick last year when I was there. I also took plenty of pictures so I could show my three sons when we got home. Two of the boys have restored their SS Monte Carlo's from high school and Mikey the youngest is a drag racer.
On another note I am now down in Cape Coral for the winter and if anybody needs a rope monkey for their boat I am available.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:28 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Thanks for sharing, Frank. I enjoyed watching as a slide show. Great pics and you have got to be happy with that new camera. Bob
Bob,

Yes, very happy with the new photo gear! See you at the end of the month, FMO event Jan 29.

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Frank, Was there last year on our trip up to Harpoon Harry's. That has to be one of the best collection I have every seen. I personally talk to Rick last year when I was there. I also took plenty of pictures so I could show my three sons when we got home. Two of the boys have restored their SS Monte Carlo's from high school and Mikey the youngest is a drag racer.
On another note I am now down in Cape Coral for the winter and if anybody needs a rope monkey for their boat I am available.
Wildman,

This was just the local car show in Rick's parking lot. His collection, is amazing.

Sounds like hi-perf is in your familys blood, lets see the street car, and the drag race car.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Frank Try this,. Picture taken inside the toy box.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City, car show, photos-pictures-emma-farm-010.jpg   Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City, car show, photos-pictures-emma-farm-008.jpg  

Last edited by Wildman1; 01-16-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Race car, That picture was taken at Immokalee raceway
Attached Thumbnails Rick Treworgy's Muscle Car City, car show, photos-pictures-mike-race-car-emma-baby-009.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 05:32 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Wildman1
Race car, That picture was taken at Immokalee raceway
Steve,

Boats, cars, choppers, a place to store everything, and race! Does not get any better than that!