Ft. Myers Offshore, Inc. Announces it's 2011 / 2012 Fun Run Schedule

Notices

Ft. Myers Offshore, Inc. Announces it's 2011 / 2012 Fun Run Schedule

Old 08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Ft. Myers Offshore, Inc. Announces it's 2011 / 2012 Fun Run Schedule

The Ft. Myers Offshore, Inc. Board of Directors is pleased to announce the clubs event schedule for the coming season. We are hoping to build further on our record setting year last year. We will once again do 6 events between October and April. In addition we are considering an overnight run up to the Hyatt at Sarasota. If this interests you, please register your interest with us and we will see if we can find a suitable date to do that. We would like to thank those of you that have provided input into the schedule and hope you will like what we have put together. You will see that there are some nice changes from years past.
Again, thank you and we look forward to seeing you on the water before too long now.

Bob, Dan, Hans, John, Tom, Joe and Jay

2011 / 2012 Ft. Myers Offshore Fun Run Schedule

Sat. Oct 29, 2011 – Fun Run to Burnt Store Marina / Porta Bella Restaurant ( Optional Halloween dress ) Raft-up & hang out at Cayo Costa Beach after lunch. Free to FMO club members.

Sat. Nov. 26, 2011 – Thanksgiving weekend Blackjack Poker Run – Tarpon Point Resort, Cape Coral after circumnavigation of Sanibel / Captiva Islands. Note: this event is the first of two designated fund raising events for FMO's charitable education foundation.

Sat. Dec 31, 2011 – Annual Fun Run to C.J.'s on the Bay, Esplanade Complex, Marco Island New Years eve (day) 11 AM till 3 PM. Free to FMO club members

Sat. Feb 4, 2012 – Trip to Everglades City Seafood Festival Note: Start / rally point will be at mouth of Marco River at 11:30 AM. Free to FMO club members

Sat. March 10, 2012 – Black Jack Poker Run to Useppa Island with return at high tide thru Matlacha. Social hour to follow at Big Game Bar / Restaurant in Ft. Myers Beach. Note: this event is the second of two designated fund raising events for FMO's charitable education foundation.

Sat. April 7, 2012 – Hamilton Harbor, Naples – Optional hang out / swim at Keewaydin Beach after lunch. Free to FMO club members.

Notes:

1) All runs start at 11 AM at the Sanibel Bridge ( south side ) EXCEPT for the Feb 4th Everglades City run when the starting point will be at sea buoy at the mouth of the Marco River with that run starting at 11:30 AM.

2) The Nov. 26th Thanksgiving weekend Black Jack Poker Run to Tarpon Point and the March 10th run to Useppa Island will be our 2 designated charity events.

3) Membership Renewal - Our memberships run on a calendar year basis with renewal due by Jan 1, 2012. Anyone joining or renewing their membership between now and the end of the year will have their membership extended thru until Jan. 1, 2013 so we encourage the membership to renew early. It may be done online at www.ftmyersoffshore.org using PayPal or at any events.

Other South Florida event dates to consider:

Ft Lauderdale Boat Show - Oct 16 - 20 / 11

Key West Boat Races Nov 6 - 13 / 11

Thanksgiving Nov 24 / 11

Valentines Day Feb 14 / 12

Miami Boat Show Feb 16 - 20 / 12
Old 08-11-2011, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like a great schedule! Amanda and I are looking forward to it!

We would be interested in the Sarasota run, let me know how we register.

Thanks to the entire FMO board.
Don
Old 08-11-2011, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Looks like a great schedule! Amanda and I are looking forward to it!

We would be interested in the Sarasota run, let me know how we register.

Thanks to the entire FMO board.
Don
I will just keep track of those that state an interest Don as you have done just now. Also got and e mail from Eric with the Spectre about his interest in same. Previously a few others as well. Once I am satisfied we have 8 or 10 boats ( shouldn't be hard to get that many ) I will do some work on it. After it comes together I will circulate the plan to the full membership so no one misses out.

Also note that our New Years run is DEc 31st just so you can do ours then race up to Sarasota to do their run the next day. LOL ( joking of coarse ).

Bob
Old 08-12-2011, 05:34 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Also note that our New Years run is DEc 31st just so you can do ours then race up to Sarasota to do their run the next day. LOL ( joking of coarse ).

Bob
The funny thing is that was the same thing Amanda and I talked about when we saw the schedule! LOL.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob
Sounds like a plan

Seriously though, gonna try to do a few events this year, probably the New Years, and Everglades city runs, Sarasota was a nice ride for new years, but a LONG drive trailering over for the day. Maybe I should get started on the paintwork now so it is done in time, and I dont have any more pics of the Easter egg Purple

Last edited by rchevelle71; 08-12-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Sounds like a plan

Seriously though, gonna try to do a few events this year, probably the New Years, and Everglades city runs, Sarasota was a nice ride for new years, but a LONG drive trailering over for the day. Maybe I should get started on the paintwork now so it is done in time, and I dont have any more pics of the Easter egg Purple
It would be great to have you back, Rick. Yes, get the paint done and Jay will get some great shots of your boat. Bring some of your Panterra friends along. Would be a blast.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

It would be great to have you back, Rick. Yes, get the paint done and Jay will get some great shots of your boat. Bring some of your Panterra friends along. Would be a blast.
I know I say it every year, but this year for sure(unless I break something major before then, knock on wood) I'll be back. Angel is building a 24 with a 468, and there is another local here in deerfield with a 24 I/O, I'll try to get them to trailer over. I don't know why I don't bring the boat west more often, we have a place to stay in Bonita, in fact in-laws have 2 places over there right now. New paint should be sweet, waiting on vinyl from Pantera to finish the interior, and possibly some motor mod's from Shaun Torrente, more stereo equipment going in this weekend Here is a vid that Ray took a few weeks back when we were running through Biscayne bay just off turkey point heading for islamorada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-_4V9zkVgQ
Old 08-12-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look forward to meeting you guys...I would be interested in Sarasota also.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cant wait for the season to start,missing the
good boating and friends !!!!

Rick
ps HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bob !!!!!!
Old 08-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Bob,

I am also interested in an over night run to Sarasota.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.