Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival >

Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 07:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Info / Roll Call for Sat. Feb 4th Fun Run to Everglades City Seafood Festival

http://www.evergladesseafoodfestival...l2012-home.htm

The primary starting point for this run will be at the sea bouy at the mouth of the Marco River at 11:30 AM rather than at the usual Sanibel Bridge , however any of the Cape Coral / Ft Myers / FMB boats that want to run together to the Marco Island rally / starting point can meet at the south side of the Sanibel Bridge, and run down to Marco Island together. It is 38 miles and I suggest leaving the SB at 10:40 AM will get you to Marco in good time. I will be waiting at the sea bouy at Marco Island and not going up to the Sanibel Bridge.

If you are able to join us, please post up on this event thread on OSO or e mail me at bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net. Also since this is another free to members sanctioned club event, we ask that you complete your membership application by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and download the membership form or alternatively sumbit online, if you have not already done so. We can also receive it on arrival at Everglades City. Remember a social membership is only $35.00 and boaters membership is $60 and covers the family for the entire year. Charter memberships are $ 100 to $ 150 at your discression. It is always a good time when we get together.

Route: Those starting from the Sanibel Bridge should leave about 10:40 AM and run straight south the 38 miles to the sea bouy ( 81/75/56 W ; 25/97/45 N ) off the Marco River where we will meet the main group of boats for the start of the event at 11:30 AM. When we leave the Marco River sea bouy, I would like us all to run in single file for the first 8 miles while the yellow flag is up. I will take us on a route past the beachfront hotels and condos, into Caxamabas Pass and wind our way thru some of the 10,000 Islands to a point south of Marco that will open up into the Gulf. At That point I will lower the yellow flag until we reach Indian Key. When we enter Caxambas Pass, it is absolutely imperative to stay in single file behind me. Some of the waters we will be running in are unmarked and the local knowledge I have gained running these waters over the past 22 years will make for a safe passage...... but only if you follow me. It is a very scenic and interesting route for those that have not yet passed that way with me. Once we are south of Goodland (Coon Key) and in the open Gulf, I will drop the flag until we get to Indian Key. At that point I will again raise the yellow flag and take the group single file thru the Islands to the Barron River and into Everglades City. Just a note of caution that if we come upon any canoes or kayaks in the approaches to Everglades City, we will come off plane until clear of them.

Plan “B”: I have been working on securing good dockage at Everglades City for the last couple of months and it has been a major headache. I have a couple of ideas worth exploring just yet. It involves a trip down to Everglades City which I cannot see doing before Sunday or Monday. If we are unable to secure dockage at a reasonable price by early next week, we will go to plan “B”. That involves doing an interesting circumnavigation of Marco Island. We will meet at the sea bouy as planned, beachfront pass, enter Caxambas Pass and running thru the 10,000 Islands to Goodland where we will have lunch at the Marco Lodge. From there we will run the Marco River, Gulf to Gulf behind Marco Island and then either home or some may choose to follow me over to Kewaydin Island where we can hang out for the balance of the afternoon.

Lunch: There will be a huge variety of foods to choose from at the Seafood Festival from the various vendors. No one will leave hungry I will guarantee !! If we go to plan “B” we will have lunch at the Marco Lodge. Docking there should be adequate.

After Lunch: I expect our departure from Everglades City will be around 3:30 PM. Which should be plenty of time to have lunch, listen to some music and visit the vendors tents.

Fuel / Distance: Southbound from the Sanibel Bridge to the Marco River is 38 miles and from the Marco River to Everglades City is another 31 miles via the Ten Thousand Islands for a total of 69 miles. On the return northbound we will likely run an offshore route outside of the Cape Romano Shoals and that will be 6 miles longer for a total of 37 miles to the Marco River and if going on to the Sanibel Bridge, 75 miles.
Fuel is available at: Hamilton Harbor inside Gordon Pass at Naples; at Club sponsor Pellican Pier located one mile inside the Marco River on the right or at the Everglades Isle Marina one mile farther up the Barron River from the Rod And Gun Club.

Communications: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. Also My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: Jay (OSO Jayboat) will be aboard Bob's Donzi L'il Predator, so make sure you come alongside (when flag is down) for some great running shots of your boat as we head south to Everglades City. They will be posted on the OSO forum and circulated to the membership after the run.

Tide Info:

PLEASE NOTE THE LOW MORNING TIDE IN ALL AREAS ! Can you launch or get your boat off the lift? Something to think about.

Punta Gorda: LT: 7:51 AM; HT: 3:06 PM; LT: 6:10 PM
Cape Coral LT: 8:26 AM; HT: 3:15 PM; LT: 6:45 PM
Sanibel Bridge ( Punta Rassa ) : LT: 5:05 AM; HT: 12:59 PM; LT: 3:24 PM
Estero Bay: (Little Hickory Island): LT 5:19 AM; HT: 1:02 PM; LT: 3:38 PM
Naples Bay (north end) : LT: 4:59 AM; HT: 11:41 AM; LT: 4:50 PM
Marco Island: LT: 4:49 AM; HT: 11:59 AM; LT: 4:41 PM
Everglades City: LT: 7:29 AM; HT: 11:59 AM; LT: 7:21 PM

Waypoints:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Naples (Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67
Marco River sea bouy: N 25 97 45; W 81 75 56
Indian Key: N 25 47 55; W 81 28 04

Weather / Sea Conditions: To be posted 5 days prior to the event and updated daily. Referencing: NOAA Marine Weather and The Weather Channel

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for the safety of the crew and their safety.

Contact info: Bob cell: 239-776-0481. E mail: bobbarnhart1(at)gmail.com
Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website: http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/ Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/ Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Hi Performance Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website: http://www.nor-techboats.com/ Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage, Naples – Hi Performance Photography Phone: 941 276 5650 e mail [email protected] Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581 Website:http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Speedwear- Sports and corporate apparel. Phone 909 476 8137 Website:http://www.speedwear.com/ Contact: Dave Thomas

Cobra Power – High performance marine engines, drives, transmissions and custom rigging. Phone: 305 893 5018 Website:http://www.CobraPower.com/ Contact: Randy Garciga

Pelican Pier Marina, Marco Island Fuel conveniently located in the Marco River a quarter mile past the Snook Inn. Contact: Chris Hadraba Phone: 239 389 2628

Shogren Performance Marine, New & Used Boat Sales, Mercury Certified Service Department, Storage & Transportation. Phone: 847 336 9037 Dealer for Nor-Tech & Checkmate. *Website:http://www.teamshogren.com/*Contact: Scott Shogren 847-336-9037

Mr. Eric Belisle, (OSO Taxman ) Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Alec Cloke, (OSO Catastrophe) ON, Canada, Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Dan Davies, (OSO Earthwerks) Chicago, IL, Marco Island, FL

Ken & Karen Trelfa, Michigan / FMB

Templeman Family Indiana / Punta Gorda

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-26-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be there Bob, for this run we are going to crew for Vic

See you Sat morning, we'll run down from Sanibel Bridge in the early AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Temper Tantrum
We will be there Bob, for this run we are going to crew for Vic

See you Sat morning, we'll run down from Sanibel Bridge in the early AM.

Stan,

Are you confirming Vic in his Sutphen?
Old 01-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Updated boat list

see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 01-28-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We're in.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Updated boat list

see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 01-28-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:05 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Stan,

Are you confirming Vic in his Sutphen?

Yes, We are going to ride with Vic for this one

the rest of his crew has bailed on him so I can sit in the back seat and have a

See you Sat, we plan on running down to Marco Sat early AM to meet at the mouth of the river.

Last edited by Temper Tantrum; 01-28-2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Registered

Where in with Richard Gerths,s 38 fountain
Old 01-28-2012, 11:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Velocity Tom
Where in with Richard Gerths,s 38 fountain
Wow, good for you guy's. That is a long haul, Tom.

Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.