Looking for membership input into upcoming FMO schedule for 2012 / 13 season

Notices

Looking for membership input into upcoming FMO schedule for 2012 / 13 season

Old 09-10-2012, 07:01 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Temper Tantrum
That sounds like it would be a good way to have a little more of a family style event and somewhat more of an informal "pot-luck" type of a get together.

Stan
Here is a link to FMO club member Frank Fasulo's pictures from his visit to Cayo Costa in May of this year. Shows nicely as a full screen slide show. Looks like a great spot for us to hang out for an afternoon. We have had talks about the club going there in the past but never quite made it. I'm sure Frank would be happy to be our guide to get in there safely.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383583...7629803138020/
Old 09-10-2012, 07:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Temper Tantrum
Hey Bob;

Mark us down for two for the Sarasota run, let me know when and how much the club needs as a deposit.

Even though it was cold last year it was a GREAT TIME

Stan
Thanks, Stan. We will need some time to post up all the details and associated costs. As well, Hyatt will need time to get our FMO group set up in their system before they can take any reservations for this event and to be able to get the rate. I will announce here and by way of e mail to everyone when we can pull the trigger on this. Lots of time. It's going to be another first class event. One price to FMO will cover dockage for the first 28 boats, a banquet for everyone in the ballroom, a party with DJ in the Boathouse. Rooms will be booked by each individual / couple directly with Hyatt, but as I said, not yet. More to come on this.
Bob
Old 09-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob, any thoughts about Hamilton Harbor for March 2 they usually put on a nice spread for us. I have talked to a few of the fort Myers beach boaters they all like the picnic idea so far.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Bill, Tom Cullen has some great Naples connections and has set up the Hamilton Harbor event for us in past years. HH dropped the ball last spring on us with a staff change and told us at the last minute they could not take us. We went to the Lighthouse instead you may recall. They had also warned Tom that they were getting their marina pretty well filled up and may not be able to accommodate us in the future. This year Tom could not even get them to return several phone calls to discuss the October 6th event so to he!! w them. We will wave of coarse as we go by. LOL

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-10-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

What about a run north to a new spot around Boca Grande Pass to Venice? There are a few good marinas in the area up that might be able to accept us.
Old 09-10-2012, 10:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
What about a run north to a new spot around Boca Grande Pass to Venice? There are a few good marinas in the area up that might be able to accept us.
Thanks Don. I expect you are speaking on the inside ? ( ICW ) There is the Eagle Restaurant at Boca Grande Marina ( used to be known as Millers Marina I believe ) just a couple of miles north of Boca grande Pass. I was there years ago but think it has changed ( for the better ). They could probably handle us either early or late in the season with a small group but dockage would be a problem in season. Also further up is Gasparilla marina which I checked out last year and decided the restaurant was not big enough to handle a group our size. I always felt it would make a good run going up that way. We did enjoy the ICW running up to Sarasota last year when it was rough on the outside. Venice has the Crow's Nest just inside the inlet is nice but a bit too far for most in our group.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-10-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:53 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Bob, Thanks for info on Hamilton harbor and your right forget them ! A couple restaurants to the north of Boca Grand the Fishery long boardwalk dock and Johnny leverocks in a marina not sure about docking there.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

What about Barnicle Phils?
http://barnaclephilsrestaurant.wordpress.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba...d=0CIIBEPwSMAM

A lot of docking for us, and more of a beach/key west feel.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
What about Barnicle Phils?
http://barnaclephilsrestaurant.wordpress.com/

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba...d=0CIIBEPwSMAM

A lot of docking for us, and more of a beach/key west feel.
Don, Barnacle Phil's could be a fun spot to visit. It is a bit of a hidden gem. It has definitely been upgraded since I was there years ago. They have added lots of dockage and of coarse an interesting slalom to get there. I remember winding thru the mangroves and into the docks in behind a few times. The reviews on Trip Advisor are actually very good. One possibility would be to go there before or after Cayo Costa or go there on March 2nd. We will put it on the short list. I like it's casualness and old Florida feel would be a nice change.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-11-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I like the picnic idea something different and its beautiful cayo costa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.