Notices

FMO trivia

Old 09-28-2012, 08:28 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default FMO trivia

So I'm lying awake in bed last night with all this FMO stuff going through my head and I'm thinking what would be bit of fun for everyone until we can hit the water again. And it hit me, how about some FMO trivia? If it proves popular enough I will pose a question related to the boat club from time to time and anyone and everyone can take a shot at the answer except FMO board members will not be eligible including their close and distance relatives including second cousins, twice removed. LOL

So here is todays question. It has two parts and the winner must answer both parts correctly to claim the prize.

How many DIFFERENT offshore boats participated in at least 1 or more events put on by FMO last season ( Oct to April ) and which was the most popular boat brand ? ( i.e. Cigarette, Formula, Nor Tech, Outerlimits, Skater, MTI etc )

Hint: the number you are looking for is more than 1 ....... and less than 100. LOL

The winner will receive an FMO tee shirt or tank top AND an FMO hat in black or white in available sizes.

One guess only on either OSO or Facebook. You may post on both but your guess must be be the same number.

Contest closes at 9 PM Sunday evening. September 30th. I will announce the winner shortly after closing time.

Good luck,

Bob
Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Facebook comments:

Here are the comments and guesses on Facebook so far:

Bill Lemanske This should be interesting !!!!

Bob Barnhart The number actually surprised me a bit.

Kevin Templeman I'm guessing 63 boats with nor tech the most popular brand

Chris Hadraba 54, Nor Tech

Thomas Anselmi 33, Nor-Tech

Lita V. Pino 21 Nor Tech

Brian Templeman 55 nor tech

Nick Kamenszky Hmmm...70. And I'd have to agree that Nor-Tech would likely be the most populous.

Geralyn Monroe 16 - with the most popular being Nor-Tech?

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-28-2012 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

I declare myself ineligible for this competition.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 09-28-2012, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bob for the second chance, I am 60 you know... LOL
Paul Perzyk------77 Boats---------More Nor Tech than any other....

Last edited by fountainsue; 09-29-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Old Person -----Needed Help
Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fountainsue
Paul Perzyk------22 Different Brands---------More Fountains than any other....
Paul, try again as you may not have understood the question. How many different boats, not brands. Your boat is one boat, Tom's boat one boat and so on. Now where it gets tricky is some like myself have run 2 different boats in the season so that is 2 more added to the total and some may have traded and had 2 boats in the season. To get the answer precisely and scientifically like I did it would take a couple of hours and I hope no one does that and just takes a lucky guess. Second part is what is the most popular brand of boat during the last season.

We will give you a mulligan. ( that is not a brand of boat LOL )

BOB
Old 09-29-2012, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

OK so I read the rules but my nephew Logan stayed with us for the weekend. I told him about the trivia and he spent some time working on it. Sarasota was difficult but he came up with a total of 80 boats and it was close but Nor Tech led in the manufacture division.

Thanks

Eric
Old 09-29-2012, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Great to see people taking up the challenge. 22 1/2 hrs till the contest closes. Lets see some more attempts. Don't worry about looking stupid, I do all the time ! LOL
Old 09-30-2012, 06:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

One hour to contest closing !! I think all the smart people must be waiting till the last minute ! LOL
Old 09-30-2012, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

FMO's first trivia contest is now closed

And the correct answer is ............ 86 different boats with Nor Tech being the most popular brand.

I had no idea that the number would be that high. Just going by the event lists for the season does not tell the whole story. For example the lists did not reveal that my Nephew Nathan brought 2 different 43 Nor Tech's ( his own "Bob's my Uncle" boat and his dad's " Bob's my ex brother in law " boat ) LOL or Nil's not being listed when he showed up in the Monte Carlo boat or the no show's or those that showed up at the last minute without pre registering. It was very difficult to come up with an exact number but the judges have decided after much calculation that the number is 86.

So who is the winner ? Well that is not easy either. Logan was closest at 80 but should be disqualified as he is a nephew of board member Eric Belisle, a clear violation of the rules. (LOL) The second closest was club member Paul Perzyk with 77 and he correctly stated that Nor Tech was the most popular brand.

So the judges have declared Paul the winner of the hat and tee shirt and because we appreciate Logan taking the time to come up with the closest number, we are going to give Logan either a hat or tee shirt as he may choose. I think he may become a bean counter like his uncle!

That was fun but I was hoping to see more entries. Hopefully we will get more participation next time. I have another contest question in mind and in mid October I will pose another skill testing question that is related to FMO's charity.

Thank you all,

Bob
Old 09-30-2012, 08:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

HaHa I like it. Thanks Bob. He spent a couple hours going through everything and wrote everything out. I am sure he will make at least one run with us and will be very excited to pick something out. Not sure about the bean counter, but definitely hooked on power boating

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.