Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Info / Roll Call for Sat. Oct. 6th Fun Run to “Naples Bay Resort”, Naples & Keewaydin >

Info / Roll Call for Sat. Oct. 6th Fun Run to “Naples Bay Resort”, Naples & Keewaydin

Notices

Info / Roll Call for Sat. Oct. 6th Fun Run to “Naples Bay Resort”, Naples & Keewaydin

Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Info / Roll Call for Sat. Oct. 6th Fun Run to “Naples Bay Resort”, Naples & Keewaydin

Info / Roll Call for Sat. Oct. 6th Fun Run to “Naples Bay Resort”, Naples & Keewaydin Island

Welcome to our season opening Fun Run to Naples. As usual, we will assemble at the south side of the Sanibel Bridge, departing for Naples at 11:00 AM. This run in the past has been to Hamilton Harbor however this year they were unable to accomodate us. We will instead go to the “Naples Bay Resort”, Naples.

If you are able to join us, please post up on this event thread on OSO or e mail me at bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net. Also since this is a sanctioned club event we ask that if you are not currently a paid up member that you complete your membership application by going to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and and sumbit online, if you have not already done so. Please be sure to include your insurance information.
If your boat is down for service or repair and you feel like driving to Naples Bay Resort and joining us for lunch, Club members are most welcome to do so. Remember a social membership is only $35.00 and boaters membership is $60 and covers the family for the entire year. It is always a good time when we get together.

Route: From the Sanibel Bridge we will run straight south to Naples and into Gordon Pass. From there we will make our way up the ICW and Naples Bay to Naples Bay Resort. Please follow the pace boat once inside Gordon Pass.

Lunch: BBQ Lunch Buffet: Fresh Mixed Green Salad with choiceof 2 dressings Creamy Cole Slaw & Southern Potato Salad. Baked Beans with Apple Smoked Bacon, Grilled Hamburgers and Hot Dogs, Grilled Chicken, Pulled Pork. Relish tray to include sliced cheese, lettuce, tomato and onion, rolls and breads Condiments to include ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise,relish. Apple & Blueberry Pie, Fresh Seasonal Fruit & Berries. IcedTea & Lemonade. Quoted price is $ 29.00 per person ( I am under the impression that the price is to include the tax and gratuity and am awaiting confirmation of this.... it better ! ) If there are any children that will be in attendance, please let me know and I will negotiate a children's price.

After Lunch: While the officially sanctioned run ends at Naples Bay Resort, a number of boats are planning on going over to the beach at Keewaydin Island after lunch. All are welcome. It should make for a great afternoon at the beach or just hang out!!

Fuel / Distance: From the Sanibel Bridge to Gordon Pass it is about 30 miles and then just 4 miles up Naples Bay to NBR. If going down to Keewaydin Island after lunch is in your plans, it is about 8 miles south of Gordon Pass via the ICW. 90 octane ethanol free fuel available at Hamilton Harbor just off the ICW near Gordon Pass. Regular gas is available at Naples City Dock on Naples Bay.

Communications: Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. Also My cell is 239-776-0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time waiting or looking for you. Leave a voice mail if no answer.

Pictures: On this event, Jay will be positioned on the Naples pier and will capture us as we pass by. ( Jay has confirmed his attendance but I am awaiting his confirmation whether he will be in my boat or on the pier as described here ) Having a stable platform to work from will allow Jay to get some great shots of the boats. He is asking that we approach the pier from offshore on an angle which will allow him to get a straight on shot of you, and then by swinging back offshore will allow him to capture your boat from the side. Please do not come close to the pier as there is a minimum distance that must be kept. His telephoto lens can capture you nicely from a quarter mile away. As always after each run, Jay will post his pictures up on OSO and I will provide links so you can view them on your computer. You may contact Jay directly should you wish to purchase any of the pictures. There is no obligation but it a way to show our support for the great job Jay does for FMO. We are fortunate to have someone with his ability right here in SW Florida.

Tide Info:

PLEASE NOTE THE LOW NOON TIDE AS WE COME INTO NAPLES BAY. IT IS IMPORTANT TO TO FOLLOW THE PACE BOAT AND STAY IN THE MARKED CHANNELS. ALSO THERE ARE SPEED RESTRICTIONS IN CERTAIN AREAS WE MUST ADHERE TO.

Punta Gorda: HT: 6:29 AM; LT: 2:49 PM; 9:25 PM
Cape Coral ( CC Bridge): HT: 6:16 AM; LT: 3:17 PM; HT: 10:05PM
Sanibel Bridge ( Punta Rassa ): HT: 4:00 AM; LT: 11:56 AM: HT: 7:49 PM
Naples Bay (north end) : HT: 3:59 AM; LT: 12:13 PM; HT: 6:49 PM
Marco Island: HT: 4:11 AM; LT: 12:06 PM; HT: 6:20 PM

Waypoints:

Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Naples (Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67

Weather / Sea Conditions: To be posted 5 days prior to the event and updated daily. Referencing: NOAA Marine Weather and The Weather Channel

Safety: Each boat Captain is required to operate his / her vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for the safety of the crew and their safety.

Contact info: Bob US cell: 239-776-0481 or CAN cell 519-498-6945. E mail: bobthebuilder(at)rogers.blackberry.net or bobbarnhart1(at)gmail.com

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-28-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default FMO Corporate Sponsors:

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website: http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/ Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/ Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website: http://www.nor-techboats.com/ Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage, Naples – Hi Performance Photography Phone: 941 276 5650 e mail [email protected] Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581 Website:http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Speedwear- Sports and corporate apparel. Phone 909 476 8137 Website:http://www.speedwear.com/ Contact: Dave Thomas

Cobra Power – High performance marine engines, drives, transmissions and custom rigging. Phone: 305 893 5018 Website:http://www.CobraPower.com/ Contact: Randy Garciga

Pelican Pier Marina, Marco Island Fuel conveniently located in the Marco River a quarter mile past the Snook Inn. Contact: Chris Hadraba Phone: 239 389 2628

Pier 57, Waukegan, IL Phone: 847 336 9037 New & Used Boat Sales, Mercury Certified Service Department. Phone: 847 336 9037 Dealer for Cigarette, MTI & Checkmate. Website: www.Pier57.com Contact: Scott Sjogren

Mr. Eric Belisle, (OSO Taxman ) Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Alec Cloke, (OSO Catastrophe) ON, Canada, Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Dan Davies, (OSO Earthwerks) Chicago, IL, Marco Island, FL

Ken & Karen Trelfa, Michigan / FMB

Templeman Family, Indiana / Punta Gorda

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 09-28-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Bob,
Well let the 32ft Renegade be the frist to reply, that we are "IN"...
Paul and Sue Perzyk
Old 09-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Amanda and I are in if we get the motors built in time. Should be breaking the engines in Thursday night!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We are in. Looking forward to it
Old 09-28-2012, 11:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

See everyone Sat morning,heading South after work Wed night. Looks like it will just be Inez &I aboard the Sunny if your motors are not readyDon,You & Amanda are welcome to join us.
Just give me a call.

Stan

Last edited by Temper Tantrum; 09-28-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Can't spell :)
Old 09-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Registered

I have to work but will be done in time to go to Keywadin.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Updated boat list

see below

Last edited by AppSysCons; 10-01-2012 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:35 PM
GNM
Registered

Gar and Phyllis will be attending in our 33 Fountain from Punta Gorda.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

I am in if the donzi is finish. Engines are out for re-fit. Backup boat broke.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.