Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. Nov. 24th Thanksgiving weekend run to Burnt Store >

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. Nov. 24th Thanksgiving weekend run to Burnt Store

Notices

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. Nov. 24th Thanksgiving weekend run to Burnt Store

Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. Nov. 24th Thanksgiving weekend run to Burnt Store

The last two years we have been very well received at Burnt Store Marina / Porto Bello Restaurant and look forwards to our return again this year. They have reserved the entire outside patio area for our group and we will be served a buffet lunch.

If you are planning on attending this event, please let me know by 4 PM Wednesday, November 21st as the restaurant must order our food and plan for our arrival in advance. You may e mail me, or post up on our event thread on OSO. I will only need a boat count as we can reasonably estimate the total number of attendees, based on the number of boats. Attending Captains should read this information carefully to minimize any confusion.

Come out and have a great day on the water with like minded powerboat enthusiasts and support FMO’s charitable student scholarship foundation.

If your boat is down for service or repair and you feel like driving to Burnt Store and joining us for lunch, club members are most welcome to do so. Please be sure to let me know by Wednesday 4 PM, so sufficient food can be arranged for.

Route:

Our starting point will once again be the south side of the Sanibel Bridge. Boats should assemble around 10:45 am and we will leave by 11:00 AM sharp. I will leave Marco Island at 10 AM to head up to meet the main group of boats at the Sanibel Bridge for the 11:00 AM start. Any boats from Marco or Naples wanting to travel with me to the Sanibel Bridge, should let me know.

We will be in two groups, according to speed. Group 1 will be those boats capable of cruising at 50 - 55 MPH and will be the first to start at 11:00 AM, traveling up the Intra Coastal Waterway (ICW) . As before, there will be a designated pace boat for this group that will lead the boats up the ICW to Charlotte Harbor and across to Burnt Store. This route is 10 miles shorter than the offshore route that group 2 will be taking. Also please be aware that the ICW can be busy and we need to respect others using the waterway.

Group 2 will be boats capable of cruising at more than 60 MPH and will start a few minutes after Group 1 has left. I will serve as the pace boat for this group. When we start our run we will head south into San Carlos Bay before making a wide sweep around the bottom end of Sanibel Island ( do not cut the corner as this part of San Carlos Bay is shallow), eventually going west into the Gulf and then up the coast staying a couple of miles or more offshore. We will make our way off the Gulf via Boca Grande Pass. Also remember to not cut this corner either, staying outside the Johnson Shoals. From there we will run east across Charlotte Harbor and into Burnt Store Marina. If the seas are too rough, then the alternate route will be to run up the ICW along with Group 1.

After lunch, you have the option of choosing one of three ways home. Offshore, ICW or an interesting ride back thru Matlacha which FMO has done three times before. I will lead the Matlacha group as we head back south in the channel between Pine Island and the mainland through Matlacha. Many FMO’s have never travelled this route before and it is not difficult when following someone who knows the local waters, with all it's twists and turns. It's another interesting and fun ride and with it being close to high tide, can be done safely.

Membership information:

All vessels participating in FMO events are required to carry insurance and have a club membership. Memberships are on a calendar year basis and if you have not yet renewed your membership for 2013, or are new and wanting to join the club, you may do so online. Go to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and click on “membership”. You may also renew at any event during the lunch stop. There is no change in membership fees. Even when renewing early, your membership will be good through until Dec. 31, 2013. If you are a current member we will only need basic information as it is already on file unless there have been changes. People tell me all the time what a great thing FMO has going on here and it can only continue if you continue to show your support for your club. A current copy of your vessel insurance information should be e mailed to me at the address below and I will forward on to FMO board member Eric Belisle who is tracking that on behalf of the club.

Entry fee / Blackjack Poker:

Since this event is one of 2 designated fund raising events we have each year, each boat is required to pay an entry fee of $ 100 payable at our lunch stop. As part of our fund raising activities we will again play a couple of Blackjack poker games to add an element of interest and fun. One game will be restricted to the boat Captains only, so one or more of them will go home with all or some of the $ 500.00 prize money. The Captains will be issued playing cards on payment of their $ 100.00 entry fee. There will be another game that will be open to ALL attendees at the lunch that are of age. Cards in that game will be $25.00 per hand. Half of the sales will become prize money and the other half will go towards FMO's student scholarship fund.

New FMO clothing line:

This past month I have been working with fellow board members Hans Haedelt and John Shultz on the selection of new articles of club clothing with some input from a couple of our lady members. I am pleased to announce that we will have available for purchase at our lunch stop at Burnt Store, new hats, visors, ladies v neck T’s, ladies tank tops, mens T’s in both long and short sleeve in a cool micro fibre material. Any profit generated by the sale of club clothing goes towards FMO’s student scholarship fund. Please support your club and what we stand for.

Fuel / Distance:

From the Sanibel Bridge to Burnt Store and back should be about 100 miles for those running offshore both up and back so that would be the max for any boats I expect. For those taking the ICW both up and back, the mileage will be as little as 80 miles. Burnt Store Marina has 89 octane fuel. 93 octane is very difficult to find these days so please leave with a full tank if you use high octane fuel.

Food:

The Porto Bello Restaurant will be serving us a buffet lunch at a cost of $ 25.00 including tax and gratuity. Children 12 and under will be a reduced rate, probably half price.

Communication:

Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. My cell number is 239 776 0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time either waiting or looking for you. Leave a voicemail if no answer.

Pictures:

Club photographer Jay Nichols (OSO Jayboat) will be aboard Team PREDATOR capturing as many pictures of your boats as possible during the coarse of the day. Please be sure to come alongside us for your picture. No need to get too close with Jay’s lense capabilities. Pictures are always best when the sun is behind Jay if possible. Later, Jay will post as many pictures of your boats on our OSO event thread as he can and I will send out links where they can be found. I may e mail each captain with more specific instructions related to picture taking prior to the event.

Tide Information:

Please note the low morning tide in Cape Coral and Punta Gorda areas

Marco River LT: 4:10 AM; HT: 11:23 AM; LT: 4:10 PM
Estero Bay LT: 4:43 AM; HT: 11:21 AM; LT: 3:32 PM
Sanibel Bridge (Punta Rassa) LT: 4:20 AM; HT: 9:48 AM; LT: 3:18 PM
Cape Coral Bridge LT: 7:41 AM; HT: 1:43 PM; LT: 6:39 PM
Punta Gorda LT: 6:53 AM; HT: 1:53 PM; LT: 6:04 PM
Matlacha LT: 7:07 AM; HT: 1:02 PM; LT 6:05 PM

Waypoints:

Marco Island: N 25 58 38; W 81 46 25
Naples ( Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67
Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Redfish Pass- : N 26 33 14; W 82 12 70
Boca Grande Channel ( offshore): N 26 41 78; W 82 17 90
Where Intercoastal meets Boca Grande - N 26 42 88; W 82 14 62
Entrance to Burnt Store Marina - N 26 45 40; W 82 04 10

Weather & Sea Conditions:

To be posted on the OSO event thread, 5 days prior to the run and updated daily referencing The Weather Channel and NOAA.

Safety:

Each boat Captain is required to operate his vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for his / her crew and their safety.
When running in the Intra Coastal Waterway ( ICW ) please be aware that this can be a high traffic area and we ask that other boats be given a wide berth and that the rules of the road ( waterway ) be adhered to.

Bob - US cell: 239 776 0481, CAN cell 1 519 498 6945 or e mail: [email protected]

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-16-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website: http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/ Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/ Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website: http://www.nor-techboats.com/ Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage, Naples – Hi Performance Photography Phone: 941 276 5650 e mail [email protected] Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581 Website:http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Cobra Power – High performance marine engines, drives, transmissions and custom rigging. Phone: 305 893 5018 Website:http://www.CobraPower.com/ Contact: Randy Garciga

Pelican Pier Marina, Marco Island Fuel conveniently located in the Marco River a quarter mile past the Snook Inn. Contact: Chris Hadraba Phone: 239 389 2628

Pier 57, Waukegan, IL Phone: 847 336 9037 New & Used Boat Sales, Mercury Certified Service Department. Phone: 847 336 9037 Dealer for Cigarette, MTI & Checkmate. Website: www.Pier57.com Contact: Scott Sjogren

Eric & Keri Belisle, (OSO Taxman ) Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Alec Cloke, (OSO Catastrophe) ON, Canada, Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Dan Davies, (OSO Earthwerks) Chicago, IL, Marco Island, FL

Ken & Karen Trelfa, Michigan / FMB

Templeman Family, Indiana / Punta Gorda

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-16-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We're in !!! Can't wait
Old 11-16-2012, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Bob, we are in with the Donzi. 7 ppl in boat and my mom is meeting us by car so 8 for lunch
Old 11-16-2012, 06:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Bob.Ernst or Mario coming too!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Mirage30
@Bob.Ernst or Mario coming too!

Nice seeing you in Key West Ernst..... er Mario. LOL Private joke, eh Mario. You guys did great on the trip back. See you in a week.

Bob
Old 11-16-2012, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Shaping up nicely already with Mario from Germany, Bill & Lori Lemanske, Templeman family, Gar & Phillis Menafee as well as Eric & Kitty Norha who are new to Marco Island and FMO. Expecting many others in the days ahead.

Bob
Old 11-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Amanda and I are looking forward to the run!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

2 more boats steve in his 37 active thunder 3 ppl we will be with him and Keith and audrey in either there 42 fountain or 32 fountain cc with 4 people
Old 11-16-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default 2012 FMO Turkey run participation list

See updated list below.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 11-17-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.