Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Roll Call / Info for FMO Holiday Season Fun Run to Marco Island, FL - Sat. Dec 29th >

Roll Call / Info for FMO Holiday Season Fun Run to Marco Island, FL - Sat. Dec 29th

Notices

Roll Call / Info for FMO Holiday Season Fun Run to Marco Island, FL - Sat. Dec 29th

Old 12-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

When do you guys usually make the call whether to go or not and if not, will there be a make up date, just curious on how and when these decisions are made and done.

We don't care about rain or getting wet, but lightning is a something else, still hoping to go though.

Thanks, Jim
Old 12-26-2012, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Well 99% chance Doug still won't be done. Getting ridiculous but it is what it is. Doug has several people that may want to run their 38zrs. If they get their insurance to you, are they able to run with us in the boats as FMO members? Hopefully it would be an easy sell on getting them signed up to be members as well.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 314joey
Bob,

When do you guys usually make the call whether to go or not and if not, will there be a make up date, just curious on how and when these decisions are made and done.

We don't care about rain or getting wet, but lightning is a something else, still hoping to go though.

Thanks, Jim
Hi Jim. We have been doing this for a long time now ( 7 years ) and I can only think of 1 event that was ever cancelled and 1 that was moved ahead a day during the holidays because of a cold front that was to hit on the scheduled event day. It all worked out fine. I watch the weather closely and will not put anyone in danger. If T'storms were forecast to be widespread we would reschedule for Sunday. The current forecast is for possible " isolated " T'storms. There is some sun in the forecast and only a 30% rain chance. For those that either live here or spend a lot of time here, a forecast like that does not result in rescheduling outdoor activities. We will be vigilant tho..... it's the smart thing to do.
Always check this thread on OSO before heading out the door. Any changes would be posted here and an e mail go out to everyone we know is attending. That is just another reason it is important to pre register with us.
Hope that answers your question.

Bob
Old 12-26-2012, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Well 99% chance Doug still won't be done. Getting ridiculous but it is what it is. Doug has several people that may want to run their 38zrs. If they get their insurance to you, are they able to run with us in the boats as FMO members? Hopefully it would be an easy sell on getting them signed up to be members as well.
Hi Andy. That has to be disappointing for you. Tell Doug I'm going to give him a kick in the seat of the pants the next time I see him. LOL

Not sure how many boats you are talking Andy but here is what I think is fair. If you and family members are in a particular Donzi because yours is not ready, we will not insist on that Captain buying a membership for this run. Any additional boaters tho must buy at least an " FMO Boaters Membership ". Easy to do online www.ftmyersoffshore.org . The cost is only $ 60 and has to be the best bargain on the planet. All boat Captains must provide us with their insurance details prior to the event and I need e mail address so they get the necessary info and things run smoothly. We need a count tho so we do not run short of food and have dockage for everyone. ( some rafting is going to be required ).

Bob
Old 12-26-2012, 07:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Helicopter photos: ???

We have the opportunity to put Jay in a helicopter ( rather than Naples pier ) for Saturday's FMO run to Marco Island. We have used Joe from London Helicopters in years past and he is very capable for this type of aerial photography. To do it, we must raise some money to cover the cost of the helicopter. In speaking with Jay, we are proposing that donors of $ 75.00 will get a 12" X 18" picture from Jay and those able to contribute $ 100 to $ 150 will get a 16" X 24" picture at no additional cost. In addition Jay will deep discount his already very reasonable prices for FMO members on any additional enlargements. He can do prints up to 16" X 48 or even 60".
If this is something you are interested in and will support, please let me know ASAP by posting here or e mail me so we can complete the arrangements.

Please check your e mails on Friday for instructions on the photo shoot so everyone gets photographed.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 12-26-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

We would be in for $100 towards the helicopter for Jay.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

We would also be in for a hundo on the helo
Old 12-26-2012, 08:33 PM
Registered

Bob, I will find out for sure tomorrow from Doug. It may just be one boat with us in it but will know more tomorrow

Ps yes it is very disappointing. I've been pushing Doug constantly and things are just not progressing in a timely manor at all. Please give him a kick for us

Kevin
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Registered

how much to go in the helicopter ?
Old 12-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Registered

Or if anyone is willing to sell any seats in their boat, please let us know. Thanks.

Kevin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.