Farewell to my Skater. >

Farewell to my Skater.

Notices

Farewell to my Skater.

Old 01-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Frank,

I purchased the GPS that you have pictured on the left. I had to go with a unit I found on ebay, really nice unit mounted on a desk lamp. I tried West Marine but for some reason they weren’t familiar with that style. As far as the compass you have pictured on the right, I got really lucky on this one. The compass was stolen off the Donzi and since I didn’t know how to glass in the hole, I went ahead and replaced the compass. I have to admit tho that I have never used it.

I am having trouble researching the proper use of the GPS. Best I can tell it works better at night. My research is limited to our Library hours. I thought I could modify the direction to better suit my needs so I went out and looked into the sun. Don’t worry, I have almost fully recovered and I am able to make out faint shadows and should be able to see again in a few more days. I tried the GPS last night through my good eye. At first, I wasn’t sure what the desk lamp portion was for, so I ran an extension cord out in the yard. Well just call me dummy! The desk lamp is just a nice place to store the GPS, go figure! When you turn the desk lamp on its just like looking into the sun, and again don’t worry my left eye recovery is just a few days off the recovery of my right eye.

So I believe I am set to make a go of this. At first I thought that I will head out maybe with enough star light to navigate the intercostal and just hang out until everyone shows up for the race … OOPS … I mean fun run, yes fun run. It occurred to me that it might be cloudy so I thought I better head down a couple of days early to make sure I can catch the stars. At first this seamed weird but then I realized that I could head down early and stay at the Tarpon Point Marina and Resort!

Game On!

Andy
Old 01-21-2013, 06:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PremierPOWER
Frank,

I purchased the GPS that you have pictured on the left. I had to go with a unit I found on ebay, really nice unit mounted on a desk lamp. I tried West Marine but for some reason they weren’t familiar with that style. As far as the compass you have pictured on the right, I got really lucky on this one. The compass was stolen off the Donzi and since I didn’t know how to glass in the hole, I went ahead and replaced the compass. I have to admit tho that I have never used it.

I am having trouble researching the proper use of the GPS. Best I can tell it works better at night. My research is limited to our Library hours. I thought I could modify the direction to better suit my needs so I went out and looked into the sun. Don’t worry, I have almost fully recovered and I am able to make out faint shadows and should be able to see again in a few more days. I tried the GPS last night through my good eye. At first, I wasn’t sure what the desk lamp portion was for, so I ran an extension cord out in the yard. Well just call me dummy! The desk lamp is just a nice place to store the GPS, go figure! When you turn the desk lamp on its just like looking into the sun, and again don’t worry my left eye recovery is just a few days off the recovery of my right eye.

So I believe I am set to make a go of this. At first I thought that I will head out maybe with enough star light to navigate the intercostal and just hang out until everyone shows up for the race … OOPS … I mean fun run, yes fun run. It occurred to me that it might be cloudy so I thought I better head down a couple of days early to make sure I can catch the stars. At first this seamed weird but then I realized that I could head down early and stay at the Tarpon Point Marina and Resort!

Game On!

Andy
Andy, your a funny guy. I had no idea. LOL You might be on to something here.

Bob