Lift motors stolen !!!!!

Notices

Lift motors stolen !!!!!

Old 01-21-2013, 05:38 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift motors stolen !!!!!

This past week i had four (4) motors stolen from my 25,000 lb. Lift !!!!! Glad i found this before i get down to the cape... For the run.... Checked craigslist. Going to post a ad in the paper.....keep on the look out for me..... 3311 18th. Ave. Cape coral.....
Old 01-21-2013, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by pasunbum
This past week i had four (4) motors stolen from my 25,000 lb. Lift !!!!! Glad i found this before i get down to the cape... For the run.... Checked craigslist. Going to post a ad in the paper.....keep on the look out for me..... 3311 18th. Ave. Cape coral.....
Sorry to hear this, Don. Unbelievable what thieves will take theses days. Now lift motors. I hope they are caught. See you Friday morning.

Bob
Old 01-21-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

That is terrible!!!! Thieves ?=%##% !!! I keep spare parts for my lift, but not motors. Let me know if I can do anything to help you out. My brother runs a dock company, but it is to far North for field service and I dought he stocks motors unless it is one that he happens to be installing.

Sorry for your troubles,

Andy
Old 01-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

They are probably already stripped out for the copper and scrap metal weight vs. resale as whole.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 01-21-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

Thieves think copper is gold. I used to do a lot of scrapping when I was young. Not stealing tho!!

Motors are a dificult scrapping project to do behind your house. The value is of course the copper, and then the high grade metal in the rotor and stator. The casing and shaft is also scrapped but you will loose money if you are paid by the hour.

Pretty good chance the thiefs just turned in the entire motor and took the scrap value that is applied to a complete moter. Not enough copper to fight for in a fractional horsepower motor.

Anyway, you really don't fair well if you look at it on an hourly basis. The only advantage you have is that it is tax free. Scrap yards have become very honest. I have had to track down bus bar and breakers that were stolen from our shop. I quick visit to the scrapyard and bingo! The property gets returned and a police report filled out. The scrap yard typically knows this type of scrapper because they usually get several mini visits from them thru out the week.

Andy

Last edited by PremierPOWER; 01-21-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow, Don this sucks, if u need any help in the Cape Coral area let me know. Damn Thieves.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:19 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Asking around alot...no leads.... Talked to my lift guy he says there is some shady guys doing so lift work..next time i see some guys going up and down the canals i`m going to keep an eye for them.....
Old 01-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to hear that don. My parents live close to you. I will tell them to keep an eye out
Old 01-27-2013, 05:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Don, That fn sucks. Up here in the north we would set up a game cam, catch them on film and then proceed to hunt them down and kick some ass!!! Miss you man. Have fun in the sun bro.