Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boat Club Forums > Ft Myers Offshore
Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. October 12th fun run to Barnacle Phil’s and Cayo Costa >

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. October 12th fun run to Barnacle Phil’s and Cayo Costa

Notices

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. October 12th fun run to Barnacle Phil’s and Cayo Costa

Old 10-02-2013, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. October 12th fun run to Barnacle Phil’s and Cayo Costa

Roll Call / Info for FMO Sat. October 12th fun run to Barnacle Phil’s and Cayo Costa Beach

On our season ending fun run last April, FMO made it’s first visit to the beach at Cayo Costa. The group was so impressed we have been asked to include it on this seasons schedule. So we will open our new season by making a one hour stop at Barnacle Phil’s on North Captiva for a drink and appetizers before going on to spend the rest of the afternoon at the beautiful beach at Cayo Costa. This will also be our first time stopping at Barnacle Phil’s which has made many improvements in the last few years. Be sure and pack your lunch and beverages which we will have at Cayo Costa. Barnacle Phil's is an appetizer stop only.

If you are planning on attending this event, please let me know by Thursday evening, October 10th so we can prepare properly. You may e mail me, or post up on our event thread on OSO. Attending Captains should read this information carefully to minimize any confusion.

This event is free of charge to FMO club members so come out and have a great day on the water with like minded powerboat enthusiasts.

Start / Finish:

Our starting point as always will be the south side of the Sanibel Bridge. Boats should assemble around 10:45 am and we will leave by 11:00 AM sharp. The completion of the fun run is on our arrival at our lunch stop, in this case Cayo Costa Beach. Each boat will leave on their own accord at a time that suits them. It is common for small groups of boats to leave together for home or points eleswhere.

Route:

I will act as the pace boat taking the main group up the Intra Coastal Waterway (ICW) to Barnacle Phil’s on North Captiva first, then from there on to Cayo Costa. Any boats wanting to run offshore and meet us at Barnacle Phil’s are welcome to do so. I expect we will arrive at Barnacle Phil's about 11:30 AM and depart for Cayo Costa around 12:45 PM. I will lead the boats past the Sanibel pier ( where Jay will be positioned taking pictures ), under the westerly span of the Sanibel Causeway and up the ICW to Barnacle Phil’s. Please be aware that the ICW can be busy and as always, we need to respect others using the waterway giving them a wide berth.

Membership information:

All vessels participating in FMO events are required to have a club membership and provide proof of insurance. Memberships are on a calendar year basis and if you have not yet renewed your membership for 2014, or are new and wanting to join the club, you may do so online. Your membership will be good until Dec 31, 2014. Just go to www.ftmyersoffshore.org and click on “Membership” where you can provide your info and pay using PayPal or alternatively download the form and mail it in. You may also join / renew at any event during the lunch stop however it saves us time if done online. There is no change in membership fees. WE hear all the time what a great thing FMO has going on here and it can only continue with your continued support for the Club. A current copy of your vessel insurance information should be e mailed to FMO board member Eric Belisle at [email protected] or to me at the address below and I will forward on to Eric.

Fuel / Distance:

From the Sanibel Bridge to Cayo Costa and back to the start should be about 60 miles maximum, so not a very long run. 93 octane is very difficult to find these days so please leave with a full tank if you use high octane fuel.

Food:

Appetizers: as mentioned, we will make a short stop at Barnacle Phill’s for some appetizers and refreshments. Just some of the available appetizers include peel & eat shrimp, crab cakes, coconut shrimp, chips ann salsa etc.

Lunch: we will pack and bring our own lunch and beverages to be had at our convenience at the Cayo Costa beach stop.

Communication:

Inter boat communication to be on VHF channel 72. My cell number is 239 776 0481. Anyone dropping out after the start should let me know so we do not spend time either waiting or looking for you. Leave a voicemail if no answer.

Pictures:

Club photographer Jay Nichols ( OSO Jayboat ) will be positioned on the pier on the south end on Sanibel Island ( ICW side ) and will capture your boat as we pass about a quarter mile off the pier. Jay will catch up with us a bit later in the day. Anyone wishing to purchase prints from Jay may contact him at: 941 276 5650 or e mail: [email protected]
As always after each run, Jay will post pictures of your boats on OSO and I will provide links so you can view them. Please wear your life jackets not only for your safety but the optics of a boat load of people running at speed without lifjackets will leave you open to critisizm.

Tide Information:

We will have high tide on Pine Island Sound at 11:45 AM and low tide at 6:45 PM.

Waypoints:

Marco Island: N 25 58 38; W 81 46 25
Naples ( Gordon Pass): N 26 05 50; W 81 48 67
Sanibel Bridge: N 26 29 00; W 82 00 88
Barnacle Phil’s: N 26 36 04; W 82 13 03
Cayo Costa beach: N 26 41 03; W 82 14 37

Weather & Sea Conditions:

To be posted on the OSO event thread, 5 days prior to the run and updated daily referencing The Weather Channel and NOAA.

Safety:

Each boat Captain is required to operate his vessel in a safe manner and is responsible for his / her crew and their safety.
When running in the Intra Coastal Waterway ( ICW ) please be aware that this can be a high traffic area and we ask that other boats be given a wide berth and that the rules of the road ( waterway ) be adhered to.

Bob - cell: 239 776 0481or e mail: [email protected]
Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Club Sponsors: Ft. Myers Offshore would like to recognize it's corporate sponsors for helping make these events possible and their contribution to our club and the student scholarship fund:

A-1 Fuel - Serving SW Florida with all types and grades of fuel delivered to your boat dock or construction site Phone: 239 246 4777 Contact: Mike or Karen

B & C Shutters and Awnings, Ft. Myers - Hurricane protection Phone:239 738 6200 Website:http://www.bcshuttersplus.com/Contact: Bob Martin

DoubleR Performance, ON, Canada - Nor Tech dealer and various used boat sales and Certified Mercury parts and service - Phone: 705 487 7575 Website: http://www.doublerperformance.com/ Contact: Peter Roberts

IBR Realty, Marco Island - Real Estate Sales Phone:239 389 1711 Website: http://www.ibrbrokerage.com/Contact: Hans Haedelt

Nor Tech Hi Performance Boats, North Ft. Myers - Custom boat builder / sales and service Phone: 239 994 9470 Website:http://www.nor-techboats.com/Contact: Terry Sobo

NaplesImage, Naples – Hi Performance Photography Phone: 941 276 5650 e mail [email protected] Contact: Jay Nichols

Sunmaster of Naples, Inc. - Storm / security shutters; ornamental metal; custom canvas Phone: 239 261 3581Website:http://www.sunmasterinc.com/ Contact: JohnWilkinson

Pelican Pier Marina, Marco Island Fuel conveniently located in the Marco River a quarter mile past the Snook Inn. Contact: Chris Hadraba Phone: 239 389 2628

Pier 57, Waukegan, IL Phone: 847 336 9037 New & Used Boat Sales, Mercury Certified Service Department. Phone:847 336 9037 Dealer for Cigarette, MTI & Checkmate. Website: www.Pier57.com Contact: Scott Sjogren

John Elwood, Jr Realtor - 4707 SE 9th Place, Cape Coral, FL 33904 Cell 239-229-9904 Toll free - 877-542-1075 Fax - 239-542-7166 E mail - [email protected]

Punta Gorda Marina - full service marina under new ownership. Craig & Shelli Massey. Business - 941 639 2750

Total Dollar Florida Marina Bay Yacht Club & Resort, 2525 Marina Bay Drive West, Suite #204, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33312-2307 Buzz Fyhrie, Insurance Agent,
Toll Free # 1-888-327-8467, Phone # 1-954-583-5558, Fax # 1-954-583-8556, E-Mail: [email protected] , Website:www.totaldollarflorida.com

Eric & Keri Belisle, ( OSO Taxman ) Cape Coral, FL

Mr. Alec Cloke, (OSO Catastrophe) ON, Canada, Cape Coral, FL

Ken & Karen Trelfa, Michigan / FMB

Templeman Family, Indiana / Punta Gorda

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 10-02-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds great. We are in
Old 10-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Received 160 Likes on 72 Posts

We are in Bob. I know I've said this for about 6 consecutive runs now (Lol) but the Donzi is just about finished and I told Doug we are picking it up regardless. Right now I'm 99% sure we will be there. Based on the pictures Doug sent me, it looks just about ready!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509111[/ATTACH]

Kevin
Attached Thumbnails -image.jpg  
Old 10-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Amanda and I are looking forward to the run!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:55 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We are going to miss this one have fun and see you in Key West...
Old 10-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Sad to say we will not be able to attend.
Leaving Canada Friday afternoon so it will be late Sat night before I am in Cape Coral.

Have Fun all and be safe.
Stan
Old 10-03-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered

H Bob,
We will be there!
Can't wait to see the new Renegade
Paul & Sue Perzyk
Old 10-03-2013, 07:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fountainsue
H Bob,
We will be there!
Can't wait to see the new Renegade
Paul & Sue Perzyk
Great Paul. I am planning on bringing it. Perfect boat for a run to the beach with. I will also have the Nor Tech there. I will let you guys try and figure out how I can manage 2 boats at a run. LOL I've done it before.

Bob
Old 10-03-2013, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

A dozen boats pre registered already. Looking good and so is the weather if the long range forecast holds true. I will start a list of participants later today.

Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 10-05-2013 at 10:31 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.