After 10 years at the helm Bobthebuilder to step down as Chairman of FMO >

After 10 years at the helm Bobthebuilder to step down as Chairman of FMO

Notices

After 10 years at the helm Bobthebuilder to step down as Chairman of FMO

Old 05-19-2015, 08:25 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default After 10 years at the helm Bobthebuilder to step down as Chairman of FMO

For the last few years as we wrap up our FMO season I have found myself giving thought to my future as Chairman of the club. This year the stars all seem to align and tell me that the time is now right for me to step down from my leadership roll with the club.

When I look at the club having a record number of members, being in a healthy financial situation as well as having a very capable Board of Directors, I feel that after 10 years at the helm the time is now right for a change. We are very fortunate to have a man of Eric Belisle’s capabilities who has indicated his willingness to accept the Chairman’s position with unanimous approval from our board. So on June 1st I will step down and Eric will be the new Chairman of Ft. Myers Offshore Inc. I have indicated to Eric and my fellow board members that I am willing to stay on as a director but not an officer of the club for at least the next season. To help Eric and others with the workload going forward, I have offered to maintain our FMO Facebook page on behalf of the club as well as organize the January 2016 New Years run to Marco Island and the Sarasota Hyatt event in April of next year. I will be available for consultation and will help to make sure the transition is smooth and seamless. All of us on the FMO Board of Directors have pledged our full support for Eric and hope that each FMO member will do the same.

I am very proud of what we together have accomplished with FMO since 2005 and look forward to continued participation with the club in a lesser roll as we enter a new chapter in the clubs history.

Thank you all for the support you have given me over the years. It has been greatly appreciated and kept me going all these years.

Yours sincerely,

Bob Barnhart
Old 05-19-2015, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks Bob for getting this whole thing started. I can't imagine the hours you put in to make sure we had a great weekend and we always did. I know you will say you had a lot of help but when this club was getting of the ground it was you at the wheel. Thanks again and we're looking forward to joining you again this winter.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

Congrats on your 10 years ! I saw your involvement thru oso! My hats off to you!