Pressure Washers Uses/Needs >

Pressure Washers Uses/Needs

Notices

Pressure Washers Uses/Needs

Old 04-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pressure Washers Uses/Needs

Just wondering what everyone can reccomend as far as Pressure washers go....Basic uses....I anticipate cleaning the sidewalks/driveway. Masonry. Vinyl Siding,Undercarrige,bottom of the hull etc....Any other uses? I am looking at a basic usuage...Don't really wan't to spend over$350.00. Whats everyones thoughts on these http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...:-37619:841116
Kärcher G 2500 HT Gasoline Pressure Washer
http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...:-37619:919078
Pressure Wave 5.5 HP Pressure Washer w/2500
http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...24&R=200241124
Northstar Gas Powered Cold Water Pressure Washer — 2000 PSI, 2 GPM | Gas Powered/Cold Water Personal Series Pressure Washers | Pressure Washers | Northern Tool + Equipment PSI
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=prod...245&lpage=none
2200 PSI Gas Pressure Washer

BH
Old 04-10-2005, 03:56 PM
Registered

Default Re: Pressure Washers Uses/Needs

I borrow my brothers and one thing I like about his is that he has 4 bottles mounted on the frame that you can fill with various cleaners, then you just turn a dial to use which ever container you want. Works great and can simply take it from one job to the next. Not sure of what model it is or details, just wanted to mention that I thing the muliple bottle setup is really nice. Good Luck!
Old 04-11-2005, 05:04 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Their all cheap, the pressure ratings are very optimistic, and when they break you throw them away....

You getz whatz you payz for...
Old 04-11-2005, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a Craftsman brand 1800 psi for about 8 years.

Got an altenative head the spirals the water giving it an affect of 3000 psi so they say. This spray you only want to use on hard surfaces like cement/brick. if not carefull it will damage wood.

This unit has worked great. Had a leak where the compressor joins the motor....new gasket solved it.

For home use (and I wash a very large drive, the whole house, deck, etc twice a year) it has been great.

My friend had a kraker (sp?) 1500 psi that I borrowed...no comparision....the craftsman is much stronger.

Jeff
Old 04-11-2005, 08:27 AM
www.sunriseuph.com
Platinum Member

Have to weigh in on this one. Personally wouldn't buy one without a Honda engine on it. Having said that I bought one a number of years ago about 2200 PSI I think with a Honda. Like my Honda mower always easy to start and on first pull. Thought I'd be able to wash cars with it, but doesn't do the job of the car washers. So was left to just cleaning around the house. Does a fine job, but being so big you really have to want to get it out and use it. So make sure you get one with wheels, (noticed one on your list without them). Anyway a neighbor has one of those cheap electric portables that I tried. Not nearly as powerful as mine but for the kind of cleaning, sidewalks, drives, siding seems to do the job just fine. So rather than getting my big one out I end up borrowing his, so thining about getting one of my own. Bottom line, everyone has different needs, so you just have to weigh all the options. Just my .02 worth. Good luck.
John
Old 04-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Registered

I too have also used an electric power washer and it works great for my needs. I don't have any stains in the concrete and typically just used for cleaning the deck/patio/driveway and ocassionally washing the car/truck. It works very well for all of those applications. If you need something powerful, the gas will be the better option. For my day to day needs, the electric works very well and is pretty small (can store it in a garage cabinet).