Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   So glad I only have one 502 to feed this season (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100417-so-glad-i-only-have-one-502-feed-season.html)

cuda 04-11-2005 10:31 PM

Re: So glad I only have one 502 to feed this season

I still say gas is the cheapest thing I ever buy for the boat. For instance, the work I just had done on it cost me $3700.00, which would translate into 1480 gallons of gas at $2.50 a gallon. I don't see me burning that much gas this summer.

R Addiction 04-11-2005 10:38 PM

You have a good point there Cuda!! :p

R Addiction 04-11-2005 10:55 PM

I can usually go most of the weekend on a tankful If I don't go out and run like a wannabe racer :D My boat has a sweet spot at 3500-3600 RPM = 53-54 MPH. Keep it there and I can afford food :D

offshoredrillin 04-12-2005 04:52 AM

Like I had said in a diff thread, it's all relative. While bringing my tiger back up from Boca, I had a guy kinda start an argument over gas prices. All the while holding a bottle of water in his hand that cost him 1.69 for a 20 oz bottle, I told him at that very moment that water was more expensive than gas. I know plenty of us take bottled water or beer or soda in our coolers, look at the cost of them. What about if you pull up to a restaurant ? crabs over the past years have shot up, and alcohol as well. We pay 5 dollars a shot for something that cost the restaurant pennies or a couple bucks per bottle. so I'm not going to let higher gas prices dampen my spirit. fill up the boat at 3.00 per gallon, almost 600 bucks. Go to dinner with 6 people almost 300, and the food winds up coming out the human exhaust pipe as well...:D

OldSchool 04-12-2005 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Like I had said in a diff thread, it's all relative. While bringing my tiger back up from Boca, I had a guy kinda start an argument over gas prices. All the while holding a bottle of water in his hand that cost him 1.69 for a 20 oz bottle, I told him at that very moment that water was more expensive than gas. I know plenty of us take bottled water or beer or soda in our coolers, look at the cost of them. What about if you pull up to a restaurant ? crabs over the past years have shot up, and alcohol as well. We pay 5 dollars a shot for something that cost the restaurant pennies or a couple bucks per bottle. so I'm not going to let higher gas prices dampen my spirit. fill up the boat at 3.00 per gallon, almost 600 bucks. Go to dinner with 6 people almost 300, and the food winds up coming out the human exhaust pipe as well...:D

Good point Rob!!! :D :drink:

wwwTOPDJcom 04-12-2005 07:47 AM

Hey don't even get me started on the cost of Bottled water
that would be a whole new thread to whine about :D :D :D

all and all the total cost for me is slightly higher due to having to tow a hour each way to the water. if your a heavy user of your boat 1000+ gals
a month I would say the extra 50cents is gonna show up as a 500.00

Dean Ferry 04-12-2005 08:18 AM

Actually,
I have it both, a single hp500 and twin 502's. It will be interesting to see how the fuel consumption of the 502's vs. HP500 works out? :rolleyes: I'm glad that I have the 502s, just put Gaffrig/KN air cleaners on it, hopefully this will help fuel economy. Actually, I now see an immediate need to upgrade my exhaust manifolds for better fuel economy! :evilb:
Burn, baby, burn!
Dean

Audiofn 04-13-2005 08:21 AM

I do not care how expensive the gas gets this summer... not like my boat is going in..... :mad: :mad: :drink: :drink:

OldSchool 04-13-2005 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by Audiofn
I do not care how expensive the gas gets this summer... not like my boat is going in..... :mad: :mad: :drink: :drink:

Why not????

wwwTOPDJcom 04-13-2005 08:38 AM

ya but your Wifes boat is :D