Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out this quad engine beast. The largest luxury yacht in the world >

Check out this quad engine beast. The largest luxury yacht in the world

Notices

Check out this quad engine beast. The largest luxury yacht in the world

Old 04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Check out this quad engine beast. The largest luxury yacht in the world

Holy Crap! 51' OL would make a nice tender on that thing, huh?

Good thing the owner's a Crown prince of an oil country....although lots of his friends would probably have no problem kicking in $150,000 for gas........
Old 04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Check out this quad engine beast. The largest luxury yacht in the world

Originally Posted by klmken
How do you suppose that they will get the engines in this thing??? Looks like the deck is finished already????

cut the sides out and then put it back together. I have had to do it on a few big boats. Freaky to watch, though.

The best story, though is when I had a sweet 61' Hatteras in the slings of the TraveLift and it shifted suddenly while lowering it in the water. One of the "bolts" that holds the pulleys got caught under the rub rail and started splitting the boat in 2 pieces. You know the sound slowly cracking large amounts of fiberglass makes?! The owner is standing there and turned white as a ghost. 10 people went into a panic. I thought he was going to crap his pants (literally) when I said the next 3 words...."get the sawsall!"

Meanwhile the boat is now about 6' seperated at the hull and deck. You could see inside the boat (about a 12" gap). I jumped up on the deck and proceeded to carve out a 8-10' section of the deck to relieve the pressure. I wish I had pictures of that.
Old 04-13-2005, 12:45 AM
Registered

i wounder if the owner would loan me a $130k to buy me a 31sfc fountain ? it must be nice.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:26 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

cool boat, neat site thanks
Old 04-13-2005, 02:01 AM
Registered

must we ask why oil prices are high
Old 04-13-2005, 04:51 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you suppose that they will get the engines in this thing??? Looks like the deck is finished already????
I'm sure it was constructed like any large ship. The engines are installed as the bare hull is built.
Watch a few programs on how our naval ships are constructed and you'll find that they are built in sections and each section comes complete with all machinery and electrics installed. All the yard has to do is put the sections together then tie in the plumbing, electrics, etc.
Even cruise ships are built that way. On one cruise ship the state rooms were installed like boxes. Each room came complete with decorations, plumbing, electrics and furniture. All the yard had to do was lift them into place, fasten them down and make the connections.
The Contemporary Hotel at Walt Disney World was constructed like that. Each hotel room was hoisted into place by an internal overhead crane. If a room was destroyed it could theoretically be replaced with a new one.

Last edited by Iggy; 04-13-2005 at 04:58 AM.
Old 04-13-2005, 06:22 AM
Registered

Would make it a little difficult to pull in to Shooters. Neat pic's
Old 04-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Charter Member #30
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by masher44
must we ask why oil prices are high
I was kind of thinking the same thing as a tear rolled off my cheek
Old 04-13-2005, 08:17 AM
DJD
Registered

Originally Posted by Troutly
Ought to be able to pick that baby up cheap!!! After all, it really is a 9 year old tub
I was thinking the same thing about that old, rusty bucket of bolts.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess that restraining order is kind of working but you should really stop stocking me like this

Quick Reply: Check out this quad engine beast. The largest luxury yacht in the world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.