Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Comparison thoughts? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100502-comparison-thoughts.html)

Bill272 04-12-2005 04:43 PM

Re: Comparison thoughts?

There's a 303 close to your price range at waters edge. I'm sure they've got a lot of action on it (haha), but you never know.

Dave M 04-12-2005 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Turn key
No Brokers
Motivated seller
Active Thunder
Fuel Injected reliable power
New Bravo drive
Aluminum I beam Trailer
Fits nicely behind a Durango

Geesh Dock, if you dont do somethin here people are going to start talkin about you.

The AT would be my choice over anything mentioned in this thread so far. It might be smaller but it is newer.

hp500efi 04-12-2005 05:16 PM

500 hours speaks a lot in my mind if you want turn key. So does the year 93 vs 97.

I sat in a Sun 288 and 32 dominator and they are a very small boat (head clearance in the cabin) compared to a PQ. The 271 is no different.

Everyone is different, some have families, some don't. Tell your "friend" to find one that suits "his" needs first and then go for looks, speed etc. I would tell your "friend" that a PQ260 is a better choice than the 271 based on the age of the boat and hours as mentioned.

GLH 04-12-2005 05:41 PM

Tantrum's deal might be good.

I would consider an Outlaw also compared to the other deals it would be called a 28 footer.

Of the two you mentioned Formula ALL THE WAY.

Interceptor 04-12-2005 05:52 PM

Mike,
If you're thinking short term ownership and the price is right why get so selective ?
Everything mentioned is acceptable and will get you out on the water.

ed

masi242 04-12-2005 06:11 PM

Dock, tell your "friend" to go with the Formula even with 500 hours you will still have plenty of life to go with that engine setup. Worst comes to worse freshen that engine up in two or three years.

It`s about time your "friend" got back out on the water :D

US1 Fountain 04-12-2005 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by masi242
Dock, tell your "friend" to go with the Formula even with 500 hours you will still have plenty of life to go with that engine setup. Worst comes to worse freshen that engine up in two or three years.

It`s about time your "friend" got back out on the water :D

I agree. Refreshen the motor WHEN it needs it, then you will have a high quality boat and a fresh motor. Don't let the hrs on the motor effect the boat brand choice. Look closely at the condition of each boat too. An old quality boat is better than a new lesser. This is in NO WAY an opinion of PQ quality, just that the age is not a fair way to consider 2 boats of different makes and yrs. That's all.

Byrdman 04-12-2005 07:32 PM

Durango and small donzi sound good.

Dono 04-12-2005 07:42 PM

Dock,
There happens to be a 25 outlaw sitting on 23 mile for sale. Its east of 94 going towards NewBaltimore. I drove up to it today and it looks real clean although i was to lazy to get out of the truck. I believe its a 99 with a 454 mag on a trailor and i seem to remember 44k. Its at a place called sports hut, they sell atv's and snowmobiles. I can stop and get more info tomorrow if your interested.

Steve_H 04-12-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by 21ptl40
Or Call Me On My 28 Saber Offshore 502 1995 616-402-1672

post some pics of it :cool: