Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ok, just what am I missing here? >

Ok, just what am I missing here?

Notices

Ok, just what am I missing here?

Old 04-14-2005, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ok, just what am I missing here?

Advertise on Boat Trader!!!!!

I have sold several boats by listing them on the online boat trader only. Basic online ad is $45.00 and includes a color photo. I always put together a nice page with lots of pictures and info and just put a link to it in the ad.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Ok, ok, that hatch is definetly going to be built.

I presume most you would vote for a flat hatch cover? It needs to bump up a couple of inches to clear the engine. I was going to arch it to match the deck, but I need to build for the market.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:52 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would tone down the description a little.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:54 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

I agree Tim, your add really is too long... I know your boat well and I didn't want to read the whole thing... sorry man.
Old 04-14-2005, 09:01 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

One flat blister hatch comming up!

I shortened the description. Better? Good enough?
Old 04-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cord, finnish the hatch and lose this part of the add " The reason for the sale is that several months ago both I and my wife were layed off. We need to sell the boat so we can apply that payment twords our debts. Hopefully in a couple of years we can get back into boating. My asking price is what I owe on the boat. I can not go below this price or I will be short on my loan." No one buying the boat wants or need to know that part. IMHO
I would lose this part too " I havn't had the chance to try a 34" yet. A 34" and some more fiddling with the x-dim and the boat may see 100. "
Old 04-15-2005, 10:05 PM
Registered

focus on the boats great handling good performance with mild power, good fuel economy & reliability. i miss my firehawk when i feel like blasting across the lake for lunch.
my 35 cig burns too much fuel & goes too slow to just take the wife 30 miles one way for lunch. your firehawk makes a great family boat, one test ride & it's sold.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:18 PM
Registered

Cord, I think you will have a hard time selling your boat in the current market we have. I think you best bet and you will come out ahead is sell your power and drive first. Then list the boat. Most people inculding me want to buy boats less power. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-16-2005, 03:14 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Well I wouldn't want to buy a boat less power.... especially if it had a motor like Cord's... it's a great motor and looks awsome... so good in fact I like the boat better without the hatch!!! I agree though... one drive and it would be sold... I have quite a bit of seat time in Cord's boat and it is a BLAST to drive!!!! Handles rough water better than any 26' v-bottom I've ever been in that's for sure...
Old 04-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Thanks for the kind words Mike. It's because I like showing the engine off that the hatch never got built. Everybody has to lift their engine hatches so they can yell "look at me!", but I just have to tie up and wander away.

I think your comments about the boats handling are good ones. I'll get them into the listing come monday.

I'm kinda bummed out right now. I had a live one the other day. Was even semi-local. Havn't heard from him for a while now so I'm assuming the mrs killed the deal. That sucks.

Quick Reply: Ok, just what am I missing here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.