Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Welcome to our newest member "offshorenightmare" (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100665-welcome-our-newest-member-offshorenightmare.html)

fund razor 04-15-2005 09:01 AM

Re: Welcome to our newest member "offshorenightmare"

If we go by popular demand...

It seems the majority of members think that joining this site for the singular and express purpose of jumping someone's chit is appropriate.
I guess we should throw the rules out and make it a free for all... every man for himself. Flame city.
Should we at least make these folks buy a membership so that they can start slinging the mud on post number 1? Or should we let them come in with no history and start slamming long time members for free.
I say for free. Wild west style.

Ok... go for it.

I can flame the crap out of people under this proposed system. Cool.

I say every one of us who has ever been screwed by ANYBODY should go ahead and post up, after all we may save somebody else some trouble.

fund razor 04-15-2005 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I can recall when there was a new member signing on ever few minutes it seemed.

Maybe the site has become too restrictive.
People want dirty laundry.

If we change the rules to allow people to post dirty laundry, maybe we will have many more trial members who don't support the site, like OffshoreNightmare.

Seems like a bad business plan... but whatever.
I'll go with the majority.

Love Machine 04-15-2005 09:25 AM

Let me get this straight. We want to stop this guy from posting, but it's ok if OSO members join the Lake Winnipesaukee forum for the sole purpose of bashing rag flappers (not that there's anything wrong with bashing rag flappers! :D ) :eek:

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=99808

Indy 04-15-2005 11:19 AM

[QUOTE=Love Machine]Let me get this straight. We want to stop this guy from posting, but it's ok if OSO members join the Lake Winnipesaukee forum for the sole purpose of bashing rag flappers (not that there's anything wrong with bashing rag flappers! :D ) :eek: [QUOTE]

LOL :eek:

Tantrum 04-15-2005 12:45 PM

I agree with Packinair; Allan4 is a putz :drink:

The problem I have with this offshorenightmare character is that it is obvious that he IS already a member of at least S&F and most likely OSO already. Why doesnt he have the nads to post under his real screen name?
Every boating sight I go to I try to use the same name.

at100plus 04-15-2005 03:25 PM

I just noticed this thread, someone pointed it out to me on Scream and Fly.

I'd like to say that I am not Offshore Nightmare. I appreciate this person's zeal for the situation but I wish he would not post. It's not helping the situation. The word is already out.

I agree that joining for the express purpose of bashing is not the right thing to do, so I wish this person would stop posting. The first time I saw his posts I worried that people would think it is me.

I have been a member of OSO for many years but obviously with 180 something posts here, and 3800 something on Scream and Fly you can see my preference.

I purposely did not create ANY threads here with regards to this for two very calculated reasons.

1. I'm not a big member here and didn't feel it appropriate.
2. I knew someone else would.

I'd appreciate if the administrator continues to remove posts that contain bashing.

Thank You

Michael Mongiovi

at100plus 04-15-2005 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
If Lamb is lame.... (and I have no idea if he is or isn't) maybe somebody with a few posts under them should start a thread with more credibility.

Someone did. Here it is.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=100440

at100plus 04-15-2005 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chris288
Those pics. and descriptions are all the credibility I need... There aren't any bones about it,,,, that was down right dangerous...

Thank You. That's exactly why I see no need to start a new username to bash. No bashing necessary, the facts speak for themselves. When Todd Lamb called me, threatened to sue me for slander, I told him, "It's not slander if it's the truth and it's backed up with facts". He became furious, cursed me out and threatened to "dot my eye".

This is how a professional deals with a $300 problem?

X-Rated30 04-15-2005 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tantrum
The problem I have with this offshorenightmare character is that it is obvious that he IS already a member of at least S&F and most likely OSO already.

I don't know, but "at100plus" is... :evilb:

Originally Posted by Tantrum
Every boating sight I go to I try to use the same name...

Me too. I tried to log on here as "lildeauce", but it wouldn't let me. :rolleyes:

at100plus 05-01-2005 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by packinair
as being previously nominated as head of OSO bullsh1t control I talked to Todd Lamb. Yes there were a few small issues with the boat (please don't go off on the tangent based solely on the one side of the story) but his side is alittle different. I will let him know about this thread and see if he is interested in telling his side. I think the 1 sided speculations should be put tp rest until both sides of the story are heard. And just a few more notes, 1) no I am not taking any sides I just think BOTH side needs to be heard before this kind of bashing takes place, 2) allan4 is a putz

So where's the other side of the story?