Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Top Gun!!!!!!!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100694-top-gun.html)

wwwTOPDJcom 04-15-2005 10:06 AM

Re: Top Gun!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by masi242
beautiful ride, great idea trade GL for his 600`s and you have a great set up and we`ll see a tiger set up do over 85mph :D

great idea But GLH will need the drives too :D :D
1200hp+ XR = boom

Nice Boat though, real nice! Craig

spitfire1 04-15-2005 10:12 AM

Always thought sixes on a Top Gun were overkill.....and if you are going to repower....you really dont need the sixes....so.........but what do I know..... :drink:

MrsCraig223 04-15-2005 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by t500hps
LMAO....
Spicy, I can't tell you how much a$$ I would "suck" to get a Top Gun!!!!!

Scrubbing my floors and washing all the mini-blinds will get you a ride!

This could really work to my advantage!! :p :p :evilb: :evilb:

OldSchool 04-15-2005 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire1
Always thought sixes on a Top Gun were overkill.....and if you are going to repower....you really dont need the sixes....so.........but what do I know..... :drink:

Are the Dry Sump #6's overkill if re-powered...ABSOLUTELY!

Are they going to stay on the boat......ABSOLUTELY!

:D :D :D

wwwTOPDJcom 04-15-2005 10:31 AM

I would think the 6's would last a long time behind a 600hp motor

OldSchool 04-15-2005 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by wwwTOPDJcom
I would think the 6's would last a long time behind a 600hp motor

We will never find that out!! If it is repowered...the engines will be in the 750-800HP range.

RUSSSR1 04-15-2005 11:12 AM

Killer boat Craig :D Make sure you build enough HP to drive thoes #6's. Lotta drag in there for 700 ponies to deal with. Might make more sence to sell the 6's put on 5's or 3a's. You'll get more for your power

Also remember you might make more effciant power with blowers. Gonna have to stress the valve train with extra lift to make big power with N.A. motors + big compression + fat gas = no pump gas for you

Killer boat though
Just make sure it's what you want

OldSchool 04-15-2005 11:25 AM

All of you people just have to understand one thing. I really don't care about speed!! I've always said that my ultimate boat would be a Top Gun with #6's. Although I wouldn't do it, I could care a less if the boat had stock 454's and #6's and ran 45 mph! :eek: :eek: :D :drink:

I think that some nice 600ci naturals with the #6's that make 750 HP wouldn't be an "extreme" engine. It would last and be reliable and be plenty fast enough for us...That's what I'm looking for and that's what would make us happy! Isn't that all that matters????????????????? ;) :) :cool: :drink:

Tbonepmp 04-15-2005 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Troutly
Who they hell is Sonny Leonard?? Cletus's brother?? :p

And your suppose to be a powerboater and you don't know who Sonny Leonard is..??? JK :)
Regards,
T

Sydwayz 04-15-2005 11:41 AM

In that case, Check out the Zuls that Kevin Schulte has. 598ci (I think) and 750 N/A with Tunnel Rams, and possibly the most radical engines I have ever heard.