Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Zeibart Diamond Gloss (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/100738-zeibart-diamond-gloss.html)

dukenrock 04-15-2005 10:44 AM

Zeibart Diamond Gloss

I have had Zeibart install a product put on my new vehicles called Diamond Plate which is a teflon paint protector and does a nice job on the vehicles. Once a year they reapply it and it holds up really well. (In my opinion) I brought my vehicle in today to have it reapplied, and asked them if they ever put it on boats. Has anyone ever done this before and what's your thoughts. They want $500.00 for the first application, and then every year it would be about $200.00 to reapply. I didn't think that was too bad.

Diamond Gloss® uses space-age technology to seal and protect your paint. It is not a wax or a silicon polish, but new proprietary technology for automotive finishes. Diamond Gloss® protects your vehicle from acid rain, damaging UV rays, salt, water spotting, bird droppings, pollution, bug splatters, and even tree sap. It also gives your paint a show room shine and makes your vehicle easier to clean during washing. Our Diamond Gloss® program is also guaranteed with a limited warranty and service agreement which renews your vehicles exterior at a guaranteed renewal price.

• Complete chemical bath.
• Removal of contaminants.
• Polish to a maximum shine.
• Hand apply Diamond Gloss®.
• Machine spread product.
• Buff to maximum gloss.
• Detail with micro fibre cloth.
• Remove windshield contaminants.
• Apply Aquapel® Glass Treatment

RonS 04-15-2005 04:11 PM

Re: Zeibart Diamond Gloss

Dukenrock, I own a marine detailing business and even though I have never heard of Ziebart's diamond gloss, I would have to say that you are paying alot of money for snake oil. There are enough teflon based polymer sealers out there to make your head spin. They all work very well but there is no miracle cure out there. I think you paid an awful lot of money to basicly get a typical automotive detailing job. You should not have paid more than 225.00 for what you had done. Many years ago when I was in high school I detailed cars for a new car dealer in my area and we applied the Rusty Jones gloss treatments to new cars. They were nothing more than a typical buff and wax that people overpaid for.

You don't have to take my word for it, do a simple test that I have done for many of the miracle products out there.

Apply part of your deck or hood with one product the other part of the deck or hood with another and see if there is any real difference.

Feel free to give me a call and I'll try to clear up any questions you may have.

Ron
262 820 0782

dukenrock 04-15-2005 10:22 PM

Re: Zeibart Diamond Gloss

I didn't do the boat yet, and I appreciate the feedback. I did do my truck and my wifes truck when we bought them new. The initial application is a bit steep pricewise, but I liked the idea that they want it back every year to reaply it and it was under $200.00 which included a complete detail inside and out. The teflon seemed to hold up for a good 6-8 months, and towards the end you would notice the water wouldn't bead as well. The boat is new and has a good shine, but I felt maybe the teflon would help on the paint long term. I don't have any marinas that would detail a boat in my area, so it's usually me doing the labor. I wouldn't mind a couple times year to have someone lay a nice shine down for me. I did get a bottle of the teflon. I'll try what you said and wax an area with the teflon and try a good marine wax for the rest of the boat. Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by RonS
Dukenrock, I own a marine detailing business and even though I have never heard of Ziebart's diamond gloss, I would have to say that you are paying alot of money for snake oil. There are enough teflon based polymer sealers out there to make your head spin. They all work very well but there is no miracle cure out there. I think you paid an awful lot of money to basicly get a typical automotive detailing job. You should not have paid more than 225.00 for what you had done. Many years ago when I was in high school I detailed cars for a new car dealer in my area and we applied the Rusty Jones gloss treatments to new cars. They were nothing more than a typical buff and wax that people overpaid for.

You don't have to take my word for it, do a simple test that I have done for many of the miracle products out there.

Apply part of your deck or hood with one product the other part of the deck or hood with another and see if there is any real difference.

Feel free to give me a call and I'll try to clear up any questions you may have.

Ron
262 820 0782