Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
20 Yrs. Ago Today Offshore? >

20 Yrs. Ago Today Offshore?

Notices

20 Yrs. Ago Today Offshore?

Old 02-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know about 20 years..........I remember being is Islamorada and watching some sort of major offshore boat racing. Now if I could only find the old snapshots (that's right ...snapshots) that were taken. I do remember Popeye's Offshore boat and being big...real big. At that time I was not into Offshore boating. But we were staying at my parents townhouse on Islamorada.....it was mid October 0f 1983

So that makes it longer than 20 years ago and even then they had been going for a few years

Last edited by enticer; 02-01-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan Beckley
Spirit of Miss Liberty, flipped and trapped the crew in the boat. It was a new canopied boat, one of the first. They drowned in the boat.

This boat broke a tie bar causing the crash. Being one of the first Canopied boats, the canopie all around driver was still there, the cut outs to enter and exit where behind the driver and Tman (with driver seated). when the crash happend the boat was floating noseup/tail down and the crew couldn't get "Down" To get out. Sad, the canopies save them form injuries but caused their demise.