Need to get a Marine Survey done

Notices

Need to get a Marine Survey done

Old 05-01-2005, 12:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Need to get a Marine Survey done

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
I did read the whole thing and I aint saying anything about the who did who wrong thing. I'm just saying that I've noticed that every few weeks you get on here and do a search for all of lambs post and reserect them for the sole purpose of bashing him. We all know about it and its getting a little old.
WOW!!! How did I miss this???

At100Plus, Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

THANK YOU for bringing it to my attention...

I certainly will steer clear of these bad rigging habits...

By posting this info, you may have saved someone's life!
Thanks again!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:40 AM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.

GIVE IT A FREAKING REAST ALREADY!!!!
Old 05-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered

I will.

As soon as I don't have to spend any more money correcting Lamb's crappy work, and I get a decent ride in the boat, I might cool off a bit by then.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Fast Fred
hay Fund razor,
you some kind of WUSS, Cuz you sound like a WUSS, goahead
you tell mummy that Fast Fred is pickin on your wuss self
YA WUSS
I can't believe that I got away with my dismissal of Fast Fraud for as long as I did.

Thanks moderators!!

I have now deleted it, as enough is enough.

Now go crawl back in a hole Fast Fraud.

Last edited by fund razor; 05-05-2005 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bryanspeedracer
You're right. I appologize.

I get worked up when people talk sh*t, just to hear themselves make noise.

I've associated Fund Razor to be rational and witty. When Fast Fred fired at him, I bit. wups
Yeah, me too.
Sorry.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by hillbilly24
npartn,
I won't go into the whole Lamb thing, at100 have continued that discussion via private messageing.
But before you post you might want to know what the hell you are talking about. A surveyor can not close a shop, he also doesn't inspect a shop or the boats surroundings. A surveryor is a third party that is brought in to inspect a boat prior to sale or for insurance reasons. All he does is give you an estimated value of a boat and a luandry list of things that it needs.
WANT TO BET that they dont look at the surroundings if a SERVICE SHOP contacts them to do a survey FOR THAT SHOP not the owner of the boat.... if the surveyer finds ANYTHING unsafe and that means ANYTHING before durring OR AFTER repairs have been made they can and have exicute a siese and desist order AGAINST the boat, the workers, the shop or anythin related to ANYTHING they find ON A SURVEY...

EXAMPLE:

boat XYZPDQ comes in for a damage survey to XYZ marine to get a hull fracture fixed... XYZ marine contacts a surveyor to survey damage for the insurance company lets say for warranty purposes... or WHATEVER... the surveyor says it is estimated as XYZ $$$ to repair and the hull is worth XYZ dollars SUBTRACT ABC due to damage... BUT after PROPPER repair...etc it would be worth XYZ dollars again... NOW heres where the stickyness comes in...... DUE TO A SHOP contacting the surveyor they have the right to see if the shop is FIT to do the repair BEFORE durring OR AFTER the repair process is finished... UPON REINSPECTION the boat looks like at100+'s boat 2 things would happen.. 1 a lock and chain would be placed on the boat with a siece and desist order that is handed down from the coastgaurd AFTER they inspect the hull as unsafe to use.. THEN step 2 would e put into motion... that repair place would NOT be allowed to touch fix or work on ANYTHING until the USCG clears them of ANY wrong doing of a similar nature on ANY hull... only at that point are thy allowed to resume business on the OTHER hulls in the yard.. the XYZ boat must be taken to another location and fixed properly pending RESURVEY and sign off from original surveyor. if the signoff DOESNOT happen the shop LIABLE for repair is held responsible ALONG with the owner fo the hull....

I work with a surveyor ON A DAILY BASIS... he has done these steps before and 1time ONLY 1 time in 45 years has he contacted the USCG and they shut down a shop but it CAN be done.

a surveyors job is to make sure the boat is taken care of properly, PROFESSIONALLY, and soundly to insure the banks, owners, and insurance companys maintain their $$$ value invested to the best of each hulls ability.... and IF a repair shop is responsible for degrading the value of a boat in a way that is preventable DUE TO SHODY workmanship they can take action against the repair shop...

AND FINALLY because a surveyor gets around and is around boats , boat owners , and big $$$ all day every day they know who is good and who isnt in the industry and when asked they CAN give recomendations of good ACCEPTIBLE shops in the area to do repairs... have a bad reputation with a surveyor.. ALL the surveyors know about it and mostlikly you wont see ANY surveyed rpairs or upgrades comming through the doors anytime soon...

Last edited by npartin; 05-21-2005 at 05:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 05:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by IN10SE

By posting this info, you may have saved someone's life!
Thanks again!

THIS IS THE REASON A SURVEYOR WOULD TAKE NOTICE and take action.....
Old 05-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not gonna get into a drawn out arguement with you on this, you are just plain WRONG. What you are talking about may very well be true in the COMMERCIAL boat world as in shipping or cruise ships but in the pleasure boat industry it just aint so. I will repaeat myself, in the pleasure boat industry, a surveyor is nothing more then a thrid party inspector that someone, ussualy the boat owner, hires to determine the value of a boat and give them a laundry list either for purchase or insurance reasons. He inspects the boat and it's current condition and that is it. When there is an incident involving an insyrance claim, an adjuster is sent by the insurance company, not a surveyor. He may deem that a paticular shop is not capable of preforming repairs to the desired quality, but all he can do is take the boat somewhere else, not close a shop.
Old 05-21-2005, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you in Europe or soemthing?
Old 05-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by npartin
WANT TO BET that they dont look at the surroundings if a SERVICE SHOP contacts them to do a survey FOR THAT SHOP not the owner of the boat.... if the surveyer finds ANYTHING unsafe and that means ANYTHING before durring OR AFTER repairs have been made they can and have exicute a siese and desist order AGAINST the boat, the workers, the shop or anythin related to ANYTHING they find ON A SURVEY...

EXAMPLE:

boat XYZPDQ comes in for a damage survey to XYZ marine to get a hull fracture fixed... XYZ marine contacts a surveyor to survey damage for the insurance company lets say for warranty purposes... or WHATEVER... the surveyor says it is estimated as XYZ $$$ to repair and the hull is worth XYZ dollars SUBTRACT ABC due to damage... BUT after PROPPER repair...etc it would be worth XYZ dollars again... NOW heres where the stickyness comes in...... DUE TO A SHOP contacting the surveyor they have the right to see if the shop is FIT to do the repair BEFORE durring OR AFTER the repair process is finished... UPON REINSPECTION the boat looks like at100+'s boat 2 things would happen.. 1 a lock and chain would be placed on the boat with a siece and desist order that is handed down from the coastgaurd AFTER they inspect the hull as unsafe to use.. THEN step 2 would e put into motion... that repair place would NOT be allowed to touch fix or work on ANYTHING until the USCG clears them of ANY wrong doing of a similar nature on ANY hull... only at that point are thy allowed to resume business on the OTHER hulls in the yard.. the XYZ boat must be taken to another location and fixed properly pending RESURVEY and sign off from original surveyor. if the signoff DOESNOT happen the shop LIABLE for repair is held responsible ALONG with the owner fo the hull....

I work with a surveyor ON A DAILY BASIS... he has done these steps before and 1time ONLY 1 time in 45 years has he contacted the USCG and they shut down a shop but it CAN be done.

a surveyors job is to make sure the boat is taken care of properly, PROFESSIONALLY, and soundly to insure the banks, owners, and insurance companys maintain their $$$ value invested to the best of each hulls ability.... and IF a repair shop is responsible for degrading the value of a boat in a way that is preventable DUE TO SHODY workmanship they can take action against the repair shop...

AND FINALLY because a surveyor gets around and is around boats , boat owners , and big $$$ all day every day they know who is good and who isnt in the industry and when asked they CAN give recomendations of good ACCEPTIBLE shops in the area to do repairs... have a bad reputation with a surveyor.. ALL the surveyors know about it and mostlikly you wont see ANY surveyed rpairs or upgrades comming through the doors anytime soon...

May happen in a "perfect" world but unfortunateltly we live in the real world.
At100, I feel for ya, it's just amazing that Lamb stays in business. It will catch up with him someday...hopefully soon

Quick Reply: Need to get a Marine Survey done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.