Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Garage Plans (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/101465-garage-plans.html)

dlbCheckmate 04-23-2005 04:12 PM

Garage Plans

Just bought a new house, now its time to build a new garage for the boat and toys. I need to store up to a 38 foot boat plus trailer and a couple of cars with a shop area. I was thinking of putting the boat across the back, and cars/shop in front of it. Maybe 34' x 50' does anybody have any designs or plans ? I would like it to blend in with the house, contempary style. Lets see some photos !!

dlbCheckmate 04-26-2005 08:52 PM

Re: Garage Plans

Come on how about some designs ? I need something that will appeas the association ( golf course ) How about some web sites ?

Sean H 04-26-2005 08:54 PM

how about pics of what you got already? that way we know what it has to match....

GoCiggie31 04-26-2005 09:05 PM

Hello dlbCheckmate,

I also am going through a review and approval with my CCRS for a boat house so i basicly took plans from cabanavilliage.com shed site. I punched in my numbers, built my boat house on line and the style happen to match my ranch style home, siding in all. Although it may be smaller than yours (14X 40 ) only to house my 31 that is coming in...it was a good start for prior approval for my stict guidelines here in also a golf community of Nor Cal
Good luck

PWRQWST 04-26-2005 09:25 PM

I also will be building a new shed within the next year I am going with a 50x80 with 14 foot walls, two garage sytle front doors and one side 12x12 with a walkin side door. I figure I will be able to put 5 boats across the back in the winter and what ever else I want in front. I also have a 38' boat and on the trailer it measures 45' I figure that I will be able to back the boat in and leave it hooked up to my Suburban and just leave it until the next weekend :D As far as geeting a plan just call some shed builders in your area they will show you what color panels they have to offer and you should be able to match it close to your house. Good luck

Rich.

JPD Motorsports 04-27-2005 12:11 PM

with the price of steel the way it is, you might price it out in lumber and brick it to match the house along with a steeper roof line instead of the standard 4/14 pitch. go down to an architec(sp) desinger and they could widdle something up, another option to look at is find a desinger that has blueprints in house and look for a print with a detached garage and just expand from there to fit the length and width, but then you could send in the proposed plans to the get approved, and you could sub it out yourself and save a few dollars.

Perfectmix 04-27-2005 02:43 PM

Make it out of Concrete:D and make it at least 40 x 60, or as big as you can afford. Never enough space:drink: