Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   How cool is this? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/101502-how-cool.html)

JCPERF 04-24-2005 09:44 AM

Re: How cool is this?

DRUNKS :drink: :evilb: :drink: :rolleyes:

offshoredrillin 04-24-2005 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by craig223
Not so sure about that. I got out last night and feel like chit this morning!!! :drink: :evilb: :drink: :evilb:

old fart, cant hang anymore!!!

dykstra 04-24-2005 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
Ditto! :( :drink: :drink:

DITTO :D :drink:

FeverFan 04-24-2005 02:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If I recall right, this is a dually trailer.

They are cool! :cool:

BigSilverCat 04-24-2005 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
my axles were oil bath, I took the clear plastic cap off the hub, put it on the lathe cut a hole out of the center that is the size of a bearing buddy then, fiberglassed the bearing buddy in. then took the hub off and pre-packed it with grease. has lasted couple of years. usually have to put grease in them every 2 or 3 times in the water through the grease zert.

TxHawk 04-24-2005 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
another

Hot Duck 04-24-2005 11:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Our Apache had a dually trailer under it when we first got it. The trailer was original to the boat and needed a lot of work, so we ended up replacing it rather than refurbishing it. I considered going with dual wheels again, but decided to go with a triple axle instead of a tandem dually for two simple reasons. If you ever have a flat tire on a dually trailer, hope that it is not one of the inside tires b/c they are more work to change than the tire on the outside of the dual setup. On a triple axle trailer, all of the tires are easy to get to when you have to change one. The other thing is that on a dually trailer you have to buy 8 new tires when needed (not including spares) instead of 6 new tires with a triple axle.

These two points are fairly trivial, but that is why I went with the triple axle setup instead of a tandem dually. I do think that dually trailers look great though. They just scream "bad a$$!"

tomtbone1993 04-25-2005 10:50 AM

Hot Duck, me like the fifthwheel, set up :D

WARPARTY36 04-25-2005 11:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by P Offshore
They are cool but you can not dunk them, you have to be slung off everywhere you go. I think Myco makes a hub kit now that seals the bearings in grease so you can dunk.

I finally got this one sealed, but yes they are a pain in the a$$. They do look and pull good though.