Fastest 30-32 V bottom w/stock power >

Fastest 30-32 V bottom w/stock power

Notices

Fastest 30-32 V bottom w/stock power

Old 06-23-2011, 03:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kalymnos
its was sitting there for months for 30k untill someone bought it for less than 20k!! i wasnt sure then about the dragons thats why i didnt buy it.
I found you a great deal on a dragon, pm me when you get time
Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chris@uga
I'm a big fan of TUFF Marine in Canada. Their 28' with a single 525 ran 95 the first time out.

http://www.tuffmarine.com/Boat_Pages...28_inboard.htm
Looks like the original 29 Phantom. That was a great boat.

My vote goes to the DDC's... AT and Challenger. I also love the 30 velocity.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MidOcean

I am sorry to see Challanger Offshore gone. I was involved with testing hull no 1. (32') with twin 502 MPI/mags and black hawks on lake X. Ran 90+ and the boat was around 9000 pound. Needed a diet. It had a huge single step, I think 7"+. The same hull became the AT hulls with some mods. Then we ran it at the pier 33/Thunder marine poker run on the Michigan in 2005. Handled awsome untill one of black hawks broke. HS had a good thing going, but the black hawks just didn't last.
What ever happend to John Simpson anyway? I lost touch, he owned the Co' back then.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PARADOX
It had a huge single step, I think 7"+. The same hull became the AT hulls with some mods.
Sorry but I have to correct that statement. My hulls were designed specific for Active Thunder by Harry Schoell. He resides 1/2 a block north with Brownie and is currently involved with us on the new 33 with 300 Yamaha 4 stroke outboards.

Plus a 'top secret' project (non-boating) which I will post pictures shortly. This thing is very cool.

Pat
Old 06-23-2011, 05:20 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PARADOX
...It had a huge single step, I think 7"+. The same hull became the AT hulls with some mods...
So you're saying Harry Schoell designed the Challenger hulls?? News to me.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by MidOcean

That's always my vote but they (Velocity's) don't seem to come up in these conversations often...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCPspaSZn5U
Old 06-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Don't mean to answer for Paradox but sitting here drinking a Lite waiting on my rigger to lock up.

Yes, it has a DDC designed hull. Believe it or not the Larson has a DDC hull as well.

I think these companies built dedicated molds.

We use a seperate mold and insert the part, flip the hull and blue print every boat. Through the years we've played with it and adjust it accordingly to power, length and speed. An example is the 37 with 525 EFIs and Bravos the step is 4". If you move up to 600s or 700s we reduce the heigh one full inch. Sometime we slide it back or forth a minimal amount based on cabin options and weight as well as ITS or more weight in the back.

Larsons are running less than half the speed but still benefit from the ride and hull effeciency so their need for this effort is moot. Challenger goes in and out of business so who knows what goes on there.

Hope this helps.

-
Old 06-23-2011, 06:04 PM
Registered

Now I didn't read all of the posts here but I do know that Hawkeye boats sales has a 32 Sunsation that has done 97 at the LOTO Shootout. Won it's class. So that would be good a good one to have and it is seet looking too.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Sorry but I have to correct that statement. My hulls were designed specific for Active Thunder by Harry Schoell. He resides 1/2 a block north with Brownie and is currently involved with us on the new 33 with 300 Yamaha 4 stroke outboards.

Plus a 'top secret' project (non-boating) which I will post pictures shortly. This thing is very cool.

Pat
Don't need to be sorry Pat, and I stand corrected. (while I'm sipping on MY Heiny) Harry designed the step for the Challengers, specifically for the black hawks, and it was pattented. I'm going by memory. (it's been some time.. ) I didn't mean that the Challenger hull is identical to the AT's but the concept came from the Challengers first. If my recall is correct AT. (back in Chicago .. wow .. lol, long ago. ) didn't have the step. Then AT and others started the step hulls. The AT step (the old step) was pretty much the same design as the Challanger, while I do understand and agree that the AT's were design as an AT, and not a "copy" of the Challengers.. Harry did the design to the Challengers first. (I still have the schematics and the specs somewhere.) Not sure the year, but then the AT's reduced the step height.. to what ? 4" - 5" or so??
Challengers made a 26'+- single as well and beat me at the Mississippi kilo run, (1994) but had a 502, VS my 454.
Not to take anything away from anyone, but I think both the Challengers and the AT's are great hulls and it's due to the "wizards" designs. For whatever it's worth.. and while I am sorry to see the Challengers go, AT's were and are built to a better quaility. And I know Harry also (I just got to stop in and say booo one of these days) and aware of the "secret" projects.
All the best to you Pat and AT.
P
Old 06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
Yes he did.

Quick Reply: Fastest 30-32 V bottom w/stock power

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.