Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who uses Tie down straps (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/101700-who-uses-tie-down-straps.html)

jarhead0341 04-27-2005 11:15 AM

Re: Who uses Tie down straps

Wow i was only 1 of 6 who think's allen4 is a putz...and i don't even know allen4 :drink:

Strip Poker 388 04-27-2005 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
No Waterfoul, I'm Clark Kent. I do like Zuperman's ride though.
I've just got a little single engine 28' Nordic with a HP575.
Zuperman would probably use my boat for a yacht tender :rolleyes: .............................
Regards,
Steve

575? I bet thats a nice ride :drink:

Andy0331 04-27-2005 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by mopower
winch cable and safety chain , rear ratchet straps, and anything over 10 miles , another ratchet strap bow eye straight down to trailer :cool:

Exact thing I do.

It's about time to replace my straps as well, the rachets are getting unfriendly.

Waterfoul 04-27-2005 11:40 AM

28 Nordic with a 575... sounds like a sweet ride!! What's top speed on that rig??

'Foul

CBR 04-27-2005 12:23 PM

Yes Waterfoul, if I had not tied the boat down with the rope, it likely would have fallen off the undersized trailer onto the washboard freeway.

I guess the boat rental company was glad they did not have to buy a whole new boat, even when I brought it back with a chunk out of the outdrive skeg!. <gg>

pappo 04-27-2005 02:05 PM

Hey Waterfoul,

Maybe you can donate your straps and chains to some of these folks who lost there boats off the trailer since I never see your boat in the water anymore.

Gotta give you a hard time.

Mike

Waterfoul 04-27-2005 02:08 PM

OK pappo... who are you really????? :confused: Are you the Mike who is a freind of Big Daddy??? Haven't seen him in a LONG time either.

pappo 04-27-2005 02:25 PM

Yes indeed, I am the friend of Big Daddy! My crew is in Grand Haven/Spring Lake most weekends during the summer. Haven't seen you in ages. ( or your boat ) :)

Steve Zuckerman 04-27-2005 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
28 Nordic with a 575... sounds like a sweet ride!! What's top speed on that rig??

'Foul

Rob and Waterfoul,
I do like my Nordic a lot. It's a newer step hull, and it now runs pretty good after a year's worth of tweaking.
It ran 76GPS when I bought it. I now have it running 85GPS with a few engine and rigging mods.
Here's a pic.
Regards,
Steve

Strip Poker 388 04-28-2005 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Zuckerman
Rob and Waterfoul,
I do like my Nordic a lot. It's a newer step hull, and it now runs pretty good after a year's worth of tweaking.
It ran 76GPS when I bought it. I now have it running 85GPS with a few engine and rigging mods.
Here's a pic.
Regards,
Steve

Steve Nice looking boat with good lines . Congrats on the speed :drink:

Rob