Finally made it to the dyno!!! >

Finally made it to the dyno!!!

Notices

Finally made it to the dyno!!!

Old 04-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Finally made it to the dyno!!!

I would think special thanks would go out to the great guy who sold you the main engine components! Doug, do you need the engine hoist this weekend? I've got that alignment tool here! Steve
Old 04-28-2005, 07:59 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 8 Posts

Any time you can tickle 100% VE with a package like this you know you got the combination right. The jetting seems lean, but maybe with the different exhaust in the boat this will be OK? Yes, this is a perfect engine for a centrifugal supercharger.
Old 04-28-2005, 08:10 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice numbers! That's gonna be a lot of HP for that boat. Drive carefully and work your way up to WFO speed... doing it on the first trip out... well you know. First boat wake could be the last boat wake at those speeds.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tomcat
Any time you can tickle 100% VE with a package like this you know you got the combination right. The jetting seems lean, but maybe with the different exhaust in the boat this will be OK? Yes, this is a perfect engine for a centrifugal supercharger.

I'll definately have to check the plugs the first time out, but we're thinking the wet exhaust and mufflers should richen it up some...

And yes, Steve, Thank You for selling me the engine

Doug
Old 05-01-2005, 09:29 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Impresive #'s !! Do ya have any flow # on the heads?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-02-2005, 08:34 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Impresive #'s !! Do ya have any flow # on the heads?
Yes I do, They're on another thread in the tech section.

Head flow info
Doug
Old 07-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Now that it is mid summer and I am sure you have been out......How does the boat run? which prop worked best? top end? what mods to the merc mag trigger did you do? What would you have done differently?

Thanks very much.

Great thread..
Old 07-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pismo10
Now that it is mid summer and I am sure you have been out......How does the boat run? which prop worked best? top end? what mods to the merc mag trigger did you do? What would you have done differently?

Thanks very much.

Great thread..
The boat runs absolutely EXCELLENT!!!! I wouldn't change a single thing on the engine!!!!

Right now I am running a labbed 28 pitch Bravo I and am seeing 79 mph at 5200 rpm

...I do need to get my rpms up to around 5500 on the top end as that's where my peak hp is, and maybe I'll see a little more speed.

I had sent my prop out to be worked on some more and was told that by taking .020" off of the trailering edge my cruise rpm wouldn't change, only my top rpm would.....Well, my cruise slip went from 10 percent to about 20 percent and I actually lost a little in top speed while only gaining 100 rpm.. so I had to send it back to hopefully get it re-adjusted to where it was as I love being able to cruise at 53-54mph at about 3400 rpm..I think eventually I'll have to try either a 26 or 27 Hydromotive Quad IV X or maybe even a mirage plus..

As far as the distributor, all I did was cut the wires going from the pickup to the module and feed them out the bottom to hook to my Crane box.

The only other issue I've had is that with the Keith Eickert manifolds and the GGB mufflers I was at 94db at idle!!!!

Our noise law in Wisconsin is 86 db I tried adding a set of inserts along with the mufflers and only got down to 92 db, so I took them back out and put on a set of down tubes instead.

I will be testing them out this weekend

Doug
Old 07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how is your steering working out for you
Old 07-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mboger
how is your steering working out for you

The steering works pretty good, while underway you can just let go of the wheel and the boat will stay in the direction you pointed it even in rough water....

The only issue I'm still working on is it is a little hard to steer at idle which makes docking a bit of a pain...

Doug

Quick Reply: Finally made it to the dyno!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.