Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Predator Official King of Havasu (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102017-predator-official-king-havasu.html)

39NAS-T 05-04-2005 09:54 AM

Re: Predator Official King of Havasu

Originally Posted by skater40
39NAS-T We are running twin whipples.The motors are dry sumped and make 1400 hp on our low boost combo.

I knew that you had whipples on it the way it whined on the video. That is some pretty serious power man good luck and I cant wait to see the boat. Are you coming out to smoke on the water or any other poker runs.
Hunter

Three Days Only 05-04-2005 01:39 PM

I was on the far right side of the start, and Gary (Skater40) got that #1 spot 100% fair and square. Congrats Gary!!

Its amazing the rumors that fly around!! But what would the internet be without them!! LOL

skater40 05-04-2005 01:59 PM

Hey Jeff-thanks.The video will show the start-I will post once Marvin finishes downloading it.Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats.CRC racing was the second place boat to all 3of the morning cardstops and i know he dont run over 150mph.

44MTI 05-04-2005 02:50 PM

Skater 40, are you running crash boxes or trannys, and how are they holding up?

skater40 05-04-2005 09:01 PM

42MTI-Bam1450 dry sump and no they dont last long.I go thru 2 a year. :(

blingbling 05-04-2005 09:29 PM

Hey Jeff-thanks.The video will show the start-I will post once Marvin finishes downloading it.Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats.CRC racing was the second place boat to all 3of the morning cardstops and i know he dont run over 150mph.

Gary, congrats, sounds like ya got that boat running. I've heard all the bull****, seen some video, and was close to the front in the beginning and Skater 40 won fair and square.

Coolerman 05-04-2005 10:35 PM

Have you thought about Hubers?

44MTI 05-05-2005 08:29 AM

Thanks gary, as I stated earlier i just built some 598ci quad rotors motors but haven't gotten to run them yet other than the dyno pulls which they couldn't pull it down below 5500 due to torque. I spoke with Larry Peto and Gary teague alot before and during the build. I actually got the cams and a few other parts from Gary. I'm real happy with all their advice, I just wish I would have had one of them build my motors.
Do you run much in the ocean or mostly Havasu, Just curious because we have a similar build and I am running 1450 hubers, I boat mostly on lakes but do about 6-8 poker run in florida and the smoke on the water run and I am worried about the trannies.
Thanks again for the info.

OldSchool 05-05-2005 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by 42MTI
Thanks gary, as I stated earlier i just built some 598ci quad rotors motors but haven't gotten to run them yet other than the dyno pulls which they couldn't pull it down below 5500 due to torque. I spoke with Larry Peto and Gary teague alot before and during the build. I actually got the cams and a few other parts from Gary. I'm real happy with all their advice, I just wish I would have had one of them build my motors.
Do you run much in the ocean or mostly Havasu, Just curious because we have a similar build and I am running 1450 hubers, I boat mostly on lakes but do about 6-8 poker run in florida and the smoke on the water run and I am worried about the trannies.
Thanks again for the info.

What kind of dyno #'s are you getting???

PhantomChaos 05-05-2005 09:32 AM

Other than Kruzzin,there were no 160mph boats............

Huh? What about Bobbit's boat? What about Teague's boat? I'm sure there's more....