Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   500efi Oil and Filter?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102260-500efi-oil-filter.html)

BAJA WILL 05-03-2005 06:18 AM

500efi Oil and Filter??

OK I went to walmart to buy Mobil 1 15 w 50 with the red cap and they no longer have it?? So what is the replacement their was some new crap in a yellow top in its place about $3 more per 5 qt.

Also I used to get the fram hp4 oil filter and it is no longer around this year so, what else can I use??

All input is appreciated

WILL :(

excursion 05-03-2005 06:38 AM

Re: 500efi Oil and Filter??

I use the Havolane Racing oil SAE40, and if you go to Advance Auto they should have the fram filter.

See you all soon!!!!!

James

t500hps 05-03-2005 06:48 AM

This is the same oil I use. I have found Walmart only stocks that stuff intermitently and I buy alot when I find it there. Auto Zone carries the stuff in 1 quart bottles and the matching m1-302 filter that fits my 502's and previous 454's.

BAJA WILL 05-03-2005 12:21 PM

I can't even find Mobil 1 15W50 on their website anymore??? So either I am worthless today on the web search or they stopped making it?? I can't be the first to change my oil this year?? :drink:

WILL

Sydwayz 05-03-2005 01:27 PM

I found 15w50 at Auto Zone by the Quart! That sucked. Will, go to Napa and get the 1061R Oil Filter. Its made by Wix. I have one extra in the basement somewhere. If I can find it, I will bring it with on Friday.

(The 496HO uses the 1060R.) Best filters out there. I would not install Fram on my weedeater (if it needed one).

Strip Poker 388 05-04-2005 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
I found 15w50 at Auto Zone by the Quart! That sucked. Will, go to Napa and get the 1061R Oil Filter. Its made by Wix. I have one extra in the basement somewhere. If I can find it, I will bring it with on Friday.

(The 496HO uses the 1060R.) Best filters out there. I would not install Fram on my weedeater (if it needed one).

Ya might try asking the manager at Walmart to order it for ya . I have done this before But its been a few years.

I think they no longer make the 1061R with the anti drain back valve ??? Just remember to make sure it is the R there is a difference .The body is thicker and the guts look different . I just bought some at Napa for $5.59 each for the race cars. My Hustler uses the Wix 1222R From Napa. I paid 11.36 from Napa and from My warehouse was 13.96.See its the Same filter Different stickers and box :eek: :drink:

I buy the Valvoline Racing straight 40WT oil for the boats .I just bought some at Napa and My buddy said there cost on the oil was 1.99 and he sold it to me for 2.10 a quart.Still high :(

I have heard of a few of the frams come apart inside and stop up and starve the motor of oil !!! :mad: My buddy just went thru this.

In the pick the 2 Napa filters in the center, one is a regular and the other is the race filter .I can feel a deferance in the weight in it and When ya cut it open you will see the diff :eek:

The Fram filter is lighter that the white stock style Napa [Wix]filter. The Fram is about the same as the super tech autozone filter.I havent compared the Fram HP filter to any of these .

The Napa wix filter are to easy to get and ya can get a good price if ya know someone there.

The K&N ones Are heavy duty feeling .I havent cut one of these open yet.

good luck

Rob :drink:

offshoredrillin 05-04-2005 05:23 AM

I'm not sure if there is BB equivilent to a fram HP4, if there is I would use it, the return holes in the top are bigger, which is great for blowermotors, I use the HP4 in my blown pickup, its around 8-10 bucks.