Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Launching 101 - somewhat embarrassed. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/102306-launching-101-somewhat-embarrassed.html)

dyno 05-04-2005 07:06 AM

Re: Launching 101 - somewhat embarrassed.

Mike loosen the strap on the wench but leave it attached that way it wont get away from you. Back it in till it floats off the bunks your good,remove the strap, drop the drive about 1/2 way down and back away from the trailer its cake!

Pure Energy 05-04-2005 07:17 AM

Hey Dock,

Congrats on the boat!!! Haven't been on the board too much lately so maybe I missed a post about your purchase. I know you've been looking :drool: for a looong time, so I just wanted to say congrats and enjoy!!!

fund razor 05-04-2005 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by dyno
Mike loosen the strap on the wench...

I hope you mean WINCH Don!! :D

Semper Fi 05-04-2005 09:33 AM

Good advise here...a few more things-- try to have all your stuff in the boat and ready before you go to the launchramp. Take your time!!! Don't let someone force you to hurry up, that will only cause problems. Good luck.

Ron P 05-04-2005 09:49 AM

So, how'd it go? Any good video or blooper shots?

Cord 05-04-2005 11:41 AM

My advice to rush the job and make sure you have your best friend standing by with the camera. This thread needs some pics. :evilb:

ofshore 05-04-2005 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I hope you mean WINCH Don!! :D

I don't know loosening the strap on the wench sounds like more fun :D

dockrocker 05-04-2005 12:03 PM

Damn, so much "help" on here! :D Boat is going in either Friday or Saturday, I've got some things I want to do to it while its still in the driveway.

Dave M 05-04-2005 12:38 PM

Most of the ramps around here have a sign that says "Ramp Ends Here". There is usually a drop off there. If you back in too far and the trailer wheels go off the end of the ramps you may be stuck. This may not be an issue at some ramps but beware.

RUSSSR1 05-04-2005 01:34 PM

Hey DR
Congrats again Just take your time cuz your blood might be boiling with exitment :D

One thing not mentioned that is realy more important when pulling out is set the emergency break before you put the truck in park,this will help from putting a large load on the parking pin in the tranny. If you are on a steap ramp I would recomend leaving the wench :D stap tight. I leave mine tight on all ramps. Stay parallel with the dock :D rocker.

Oh ya one more thing PUT THE PLUG IN and have fun.

Russ